HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-03-19 21:18:47

darcey
1300cc Superstar

United Kingdom

This is a thread for everyone on here with something to express either in writings poetry dreams or wishes. It doesnt matter what its about , hopefully no one will give anything but constructive critisism....All it has to do is come from the soul....And dont worry. This is a poem I wrote when I lived with my ex husband in a stately home in Norfolk ...and he lived with his mistress way way up on the top floor..while I roamed alone through the rest of the house miserably unhappy but expected to always be reasonable. because that is the way of the aristocracy and had been for centuries But this was a life for someone without a heart a soul and a spirit........There you are that wasnt too bad.! The Iron Gates. Come with me behind the gates Those gates of iron grand Into the lives of those inside With minds of shifting sand. I bet you wish this was your lot So priviledged with plenty To dine insplendour every night With hearts so cold and empty. To roam like spectres round the halls To gaze on paintings fine to drape yorself in precious jewels Passed to you down the line. Barons won and Earls took back And feuds were fought over land The Armour they wore That kept thier hearts cold The Knights of the Shifting Sand. And so it comes down to us wretched few To carry the Ancestral Curses In hearts that are cold Bought for pieces of gold From coffers and soft velvet purses.

Replies
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 of 10 
    Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-06 18:12:37

Martin
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Look into my eyes if you dare! Don't hide, i'll find you anywhere! My look welcomes, traps, but who? So come willingly to me, Yes YOU! Martin :o)

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-08 11:48:54

ohsomadeddie
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Love's a sensation caused by temptation, a guy sticks his location in a girl's destination, to increase the population of the next generation. Do you understand my explanation? Or do you need a demonstration?

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-28 10:24:46

darcey
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

This is long but am in a medieval kind of mood today... lol The Lady of Shalott Alfred Tennyson -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PART I. ON EITHER side the river lie Long fields of barley and of rye, That clothe the wold and meet the sky; And thro’ the field the road runs by To many-tower’d Camelot; And up and down the people go, Gazing where the lilies blow Round an island there below, The island of Shalott. Willows whiten, aspens quiver, Little breezes dusk and shiver Thro’ the wave that runs for ever By the island in the river Flowing down to Camelot. Four gray walls, and four gray towers, Overlook a space of flowers, And the silent isle imbowers The Lady of Shalott. By the margin, willow-veil’d, Slide the heavy barges trail’d By slow horses; and unhail’d The shallop flitteth silken-sail’d Skimming down to Camelot: But who hath seen her wave her hand? Or at the casement seen her stand? Or is she known in all the land, The Lady of Shalott? Only reapers, reaping early In among the bearded barley, Hear a song that echoes cheerly From the river winding clearly, Down to tower’d Camelot: And by the moon the reaper weary, Piling sheaves in uplands airy, Listening, whispers ‘’Tis the fairy Lady of Shalott.’ PART II. THERE she weaves by night and day A magic web with colours gay. She has heard a whisper say, A curse is on her if she stay To look down to Camelot. She knows not what the curse may be, And so she weaveth steadily, And little other care hath she, The Lady of Shalott. And moving thro’ a mirror clear That hangs before her all the year, Shadows of the world appear. There she sees the highway near Winding down to Camelot: There the river eddy whirls, And there the surly village-churls, And the red cloaks of market girls, Pass onward from Shalott. Sometimes a troop of damsels glad, An abbot on an ambling pad, Sometimes a curly shepherd-lad, Or long-hair’d page in crimson clad, Goes by to tower’d Camelot; And sometimes thro’ the mirror blue The knights come riding two and two: She hath no loyal knight and true, The Lady of Shalott. But in her web she still delights To weave the mirror’s magic sights, For often thro’ the silent nights A funeral, with plumes and lights And music, went to Camelot: Or when the moon was overhead, Came two young lovers lately wed; ‘I am half sick of shadows,’ said The Lady of Shalott. PART III. A BOW-SHOT from her bower-eaves, He rode between the barley-sheaves, The sun came dazzling thro’ the leaves, And flamed upon the brazen greaves Of bold Sir Lancelot. A red-cross knight for ever kneel’d To a lady in his shield, That sparkled on the yellow field, Beside remote Shalott. The gemmy bridle glitter’d free, Like to some branch of stars we see Hung in the golden Galaxy. The bridle bells rang merrily As he rode down to Camelot: And from his blazon’d baldric slung A mighty silver bugle hung, And as he rode his armour rung, Beside remote Shalott. All in the blue unclouded weather Thick-jewell’d shone the saddle-leather, The helmet and the helmet-feather Burn’d like one burning flame together, As he rode down to Camelot. As often thro’ the purple night, Below the starry clusters bright, Some bearded meteor, trailing light, Moves over still Shalott. His broad clear brow in sunlight glow’d; On burnish’d hooves his war-horse trode; From underneath his helmet flow’d His coal-black curls as on he rode, As he rode down to Camelot. From the bank and from the river He flash’d into the crystal mirror, ‘Tirra lirra,’ by the river Sang Sir Lancelot. She left the web, she left the loom, She made three paces thro’ the room, She saw the water-lily bloom, She saw the helmet and the plume, She look’d down to Camelot. Out flew the web and floated wide; The mirror crack’d from side to side; ‘The curse is come upon me,’ cried The Lady of Shalott. PART IV. IN the stormy east-wind straining, The pale yellow woods were waning, The broad stream in his banks complaining, Heavily the low sky raining Over tower’d Camelot; Down she came and found a boat Beneath a willow left afloat, And round about the prow she wrote The Lady of Shalott. And down the river’s dim expanse Like some bold seër in a trance, Seeing all his own mischance? With a glassy countenance Did she look to Camelot. And at the closing of the day She loosed the chain, and down she lay; The broad stream bore her far away, The Lady of Shalott. Lying, robed in snowy white That loosely flew to left and right? The leaves upon her falling light? Thro’ the noises of the night She floated down to Camelot: And as the boat-head wound along The willowy hills and fields among, They heard her singing her last song, The Lady of Shalott. Heard a carol, mournful, holy, Chanted loudly, chanted lowly, Till her blood was frozen slowly, And her eyes were darken’d wholly, Turn’d to tower’d Camelot. For ere she reach’d upon the tide The first house by the water-side, Singing in her song she died, The Lady of Shalott. Under tower and balcony, By garden-wall and gallery, A gleaming shape she floated by, Dead-pale between the houses high, Silent into Camelot. Out upon the wharfs they came, Knight and burgher and dame, And round the prow they read her name, The Lady of Shalott. Who is this? and what is here? And in the lighted palace near Died the sound of royal cheer; And they cross’d themselves for fear, All the knights at Camelot: But Lancelot mused a little space; He said, ‘She has a lovely face; God in his mercy lend her grace, The Lady of Shalott.’

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-28 10:45:55

Shorty
1100cc Pro Racer 

Mexico

Long indeed Darcey, but well worth the read. Bravo.

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-28 11:29:01

TC
1300cc Superstar 

South Africa

Hmm, interesting one from gixxer.... Oddly familiar though.... I would put a poem up, but I don't have a poetic bone in my body. But its a good read though, keep it up guys!

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-28 11:34:33

darcey
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

that last one wasnt by me TC...it was just because I had drifted of somewhere back to the re enactment days and the SCA..things I used to get up to..its just a thread for deeper thoughts either your own interpretation or that of someone interpretting your thoughts..and poems of course..lol Have a go we put anything on here...lol

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-28 11:41:43

TC
1300cc Superstar 

South Africa

Quote from a game: I can see what you see not Vision milky then eyes rot When you turn they will be gone Whispering their hidden song Then you see what cannot be Shadows move where light should be Out of darkness, out of mind Cast down into the Halls of the Blind

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-28 11:55:58

TC
1300cc Superstar 

South Africa

"He who fights monsters might take care lest he thereby becomes a monster. And if you gaze into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Nietzche

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-28 13:02:17

darcey
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Ooooo ..hm Nietzche. Did some work on him..and have to say what you have just written is probably the only thing I have ever understood! lol

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-28 13:56:06

TC
1300cc Superstar 

South Africa

I've never studied literature, nor do I ever plan to, but all the quotes of his I have come across have been quite interesting and thought provoking.

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-28 14:04:10

darcey
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I didnt study literature as such but he was one of a choice of philosophers when I thought of doing PPE at university...I did him for a while but could nt get to grips with some of his thinking...So I then chose Kant, amongst others. I believe Nietzche was a big favourite of Hitlers and inspired him. I like what you ve chosen though ..thanks for putting something here.

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-04-29 01:14:43

KaptainKwak
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

There are holes in the sky Where the rain gets in The holes are very small Thats why rains very thin

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-05-21 21:38:32

Vita_Noval
1100cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

i gave you every thing you ever wanted. you took it away in a single blow. i needed you in every way. now im at a exstream low. I trusted you with my heart. and now you have torn me apart. and now i cry. and wish to die. alot people say ill be ok. but i can not see the light of day. they say it takes time. so maybe one day i maybe fine.

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-05-21 22:16:03

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Mary had a little lamb It bbq`ed rather well wool burnt a bit but we got used to the smell Soz had to break up the sad shite on here, any happy lit pls?

Thread For Creativity, Writing and Poetry For All - Posted on 2006-05-21 22:18:59

RebelHeart
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

Wowwwwwwwww - we're a creative lot on here - just wish I'd kept some of the stuff that I wrote

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 of 10 

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ