HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-12 22:26:02

Hippyzolwiki
125cc Learner

United Kingdom

Are you fed up with seeing the same bikes ridden by the same people (usualy only at weekends and only then if its warm and dry!) they all look the same... Same name... Same colour... Same shape... Same sound Etc.

--

Replies
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 of 7 
   !!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 21:01:58

fredcbr6uk
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

this thread is great, so entertaining, jus great to see just how passionate biker are,
tell a car driver their car is no good, and most would not reply, but tell a biker you dont like his bike, then stand back and watch the fireworks. welcome to the site , and good way to introduce yourself.

--

if you gonna go, go with a smile

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 21:12:01

bubblesloves69
1300cc Superstar 

Next door to a pub in an interbred village, Kent
United Kingdom

Well if he lives in a caravan then my statement about folding his bike up and putting on the back is correct rofl

Hip I didn't really understand what your original post was about cos it didn't make any logical sense, lots of words but in no particular order....

Agree wiv fred though, our bikes are our babies and if anyone disses em they're for the rope hehe

--

The louder you scream the harder I ride..... !!!

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 21:10:56

Martin
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Errrr ive kept my nose out of this one ...
But ...

I'd like to ask the person who posted this what his opinion of me is ?

Ive got a Suzuki GSXR1000K1, i've also got an old
Kawasaki ZZR600D1 (not on the road at the moment)
Oh and just for the sake of being somewhat humerous ...
Somewhere deep in a shed ive got a ...wait for it !!! lol
1970 Raleigh RM6 Runabout moped !
Now i'll admit i dont live my life on my bike as i do have a car as well, i ride my bike when i feel like i want to ...

With regard to motorcycles in general i have an interest in most bikes (two wheeled engined vehicles) and their history and developement over the years ... im no ecxpert by an meanss but i feel i can say i have a keen interest!

I would like to know if you are directly having a dig at me?
Are you being abusive directly to me ?
huh ?
I'd like an answer please if thats not too much to ask ?

Thank you ...

--

Martin :o)

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 21:31:56

gixxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

caravan eh! ive only got a trailer tent! wotta snob !

--

'it wasnt me! i only just got here!'

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 00:53:45

Loadsbob
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

Hi Hippy, nice machine, let me know if u ever want to sell it been looking for a good ride on mower for ages.

--

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 08:58:31

darcey
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I like your bike Hippy. I loved watching the Orange County Choppers they built some fantastic stuff. As Roeby said you should get in touch with Steve 1 on here he has a shop and builds some cracking stuff. He is a nice Guy laid back and nice to talk to and very successful. Send him a pm.

--

I am not retreating..I am advancing in another direction

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 09:10:03

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

hippy i think its really wrong of u to now take your ball home after u basically disrespected what people ride. I'm amazed u found it strange that this wouldn't get people's backs up.

Bad riding isn't down to what type of bike u ride its down to the kind of person u r, so just because i ride a fireblade properly and some dickhead rides it like he is on a race track don't tar me with them same brush. which is basically what u did.

Also on the point u made about changing bits on your bike to make them "individual" i figure that Honda, who have years and years of experience, know better than me about how to set a bike up so i'll leave mine as standard thanks.

--

Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 09:25:54

darcey
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

This is possibly not the right forum to be starting that thread. Or if you really wanted to debate it you should probably have tried a different approach. Each to thier own. Personally I prefer rat bikes and trikes and chops and anything with the engine exposed . I m not sure but I think this site may have more sports bike enthusiasts...
Without predudice: Has anyone ever done a questionaire on who likes what and why..?

--

I am not retreating..I am advancing in another direction

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 10:22:25

gixxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

hes gone quiet! hes off caravanning! lol!

--

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 11:55:25

sprag
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

Lives in a caravan eh? 'PIKEY alert'..... only joking. I lived in one for about 6 months many years ago with my boyfriend after we both got chucked out by our respective parents [sod em]
must admit I had expected to get a bit of a slagging off for my riding a bog stadard Harley, I mean, I've had it for nearly 3 months and I havn't bought one chrome do-da or a single tassle for it yet [and don't bloody intend to either] years ago it didnt matter what the hell you rode so long as it wasn't a scooter but ever since the Japs started making plastic coated pocket rockets all of a sudden we are starting to take sides....... 'oh he rides a cruiser so he must be a weekend hells angel' or 'that lot ride street fighters so they must be a right hard bunch, best avoid them' and 'we ride GSXR1000s so we must be the biking elite' ffs.... what a lot of tosh. Is it time for bikers to stand back and take a long hard look at themselves? see what we have become.
Think I'll go for a lay down in a dark room or perhaps go for a ramble on nodding dogs. lol

--

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 13:02:05

gixxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

yup biking has changed since i started, when i ride my blade , sports bike riders nod,sometimes , when im on my old 250 , hardly any do, i think most new 'bikers' treat thier bikes as just another 'toy', disposable income etc, i had a bike when it was the ONLY thing i could afford! cos it was my choice, never crossed my mind to choose a car.

--

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 13:13:27

notsokwiknick
1000cc Pro Racer 

British Virgin Islands

well LA DE F**KING DA

--

only the good die young thats why im old

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 12:40:47

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

unlike many biker sites this one seems to have more "sport bike" riders than most.
The UK traditionally (as far as bikes go) leaned toward the going faster ethos of riding. Take for instance the Cafe Racer, It was a custom bike born out of the need for speed. The norton featherbed frame was the Best handling frame of its time but the engine wasnt the fastest or most reliable, So bikers of that era that had the skills would swap out the stock norton motor and pop in a Triumph . The Triton was born.
Folks wanted to emulate their heroes perhaps or more likely just wanted to get round a corner faster, but bear in mind that the UK didnt have endless straight highways that inspire cruising, whatever the reason a custom bike was the result. there are some absolute cracking examples of tritons out there (some dogs too) and indeed a company exists that will supply you with everything you would need to recreate a triton today (unity equipe). folk didnt just pop in triumph mototrs either there was the Norbsa (featherbed + BSA) and the Norvin (featherbed + vincent) i saw one with a harley sportster engine slotted in recently in BSH i think and it looked fantastic. (narley? sportson?)
Along came the late 60's early 70's and a film called easyrider, this shot on a budget film become an instant classic and folks found a "new" way of customising (captain america was the ugliest looking chop of the two. the bike that billy rode was more the norm).
chops originally were harleys with the heavy fenders chopped off to shed weight so that they could compete against the much lighter british twins dunno when it became about sticking a huge front end on em but i suspect you wouldnt need to look much further than easyrider to find the catalyst that started it all off.
there are now more styles of chop than you can shake a gurt shi tty stick at and there isnt anything wrong with that, The skills and determination to create a unique (theres that word again) bike has always been there and long may it flourish.
Oh and incidently a streetfighter never used to be a stripped down stock sportsbike . It was a drag strip inspired lowrider ie rigid/hardtail frame IIRC it was a bloke called Odgie that coined the phrase (Odgie wrote for BSH and AWOL) when writing an article on a bike called inner city unit , a RX1000 kawi in a streched rigid frame .
At the end of the day we all ride the bike we choose to, there is little point in getting into a slanging match over our chosen rides (or indeed when we choose to ride) Vive la differance and all that.
Having said that i will say that the standard of folks riding skills are less than they used to be, i blame Direct access. DAS makes it possible for folks that have a few quid spare to pass their tests and then jump on to the bike that inspires them (could be a sports bike, could be a chop. inspiration may well come from watching the bike racing or bike building shows on the telly i dunno but it would be a much better bet if once folk passed their test they actually took the time to learn to ride properly (you are taught how to pass the test not how to rider/drive).

--

revenge is a dish best served...............with croutons

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 13:57:16

TERRORTUBBY
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

Blimey Bear, that was deep.

--

I ain't bitter just twisted

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-15 17:22:52

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

yep...deep me.. ( about as deep as a puddle mostly)

--

revenge is a dish best served...............with croutons

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 of 7 

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ