HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-12 22:26:02

Hippyzolwiki
125cc Learner

United Kingdom

Are you fed up with seeing the same bikes ridden by the same people (usualy only at weekends and only then if its warm and dry!) they all look the same... Same name... Same colour... Same shape... Same sound Etc.

--

Replies
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 of 7 
   !!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-13 23:31:16

gixxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

if here adds to this thread it means he wants to SUCK ME COCK!

--

'it wasnt me! i only just got here!'

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-13 23:36:51

Ducatibird
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

well gixer i really didn't want to say....

but...............

he does kinda keep mentioning you................

they always say a sign of a long handlebar is the sign of a mans organ!!!!!

--

Wasn't me honest I never did it

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 01:26:21

flying_scotsman
50cc Newbie 

United Kingdom

GLAD TO SEE THAT WE HAVE A NICE FRIENDLY BIT OF BANTER BETWEEN FELLOW BIKERS LOL.PMSL. IM GLAD TO SAY IM WITH GIXXER ON THIS ONE.

SAFE AND PLEASANT RIDING TO ALL

--

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 02:39:23

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

hmmmm .... I like chops myself and have had a couple over the years, they were nowt special a gs550 in a modified (hardtail) stock frame, and a gpz with a similar frame.... they were alright and i can assure you they handled perfectly well. Im not a short arse either at 6 foot. i wouldnt say the chop in the picture is in any way unique really... its a typical late 80's style rigid with an off the shelf mustang tank, basically a formula chop, nowt wrong with that either.Though if you want to see a really well thought out and well engineered cb750 you should have a look at robbies over on brit chopper..... now there is a radical looking beastie running a supercharger, chops are form over function, the aesthetic being a more important part of the whole. wether you like chops or not is irrelevant the engineering has to be admired for the skill it took to make the parts and the dedication to getting it on the road...
As for plastic bikes its horses for courses, or different strokes for different folks, life would be very dull if we were all the same.
I take the point about "sunday riders" but would point out that there are many who ride stock "custom" bikes on weekends as well... perhaps a better thought out discription of them would be the weekend warrior.
"Custom" is a much abused word really when applied to bikes think about it, a cafe racer such as a triton or a harris is as much a custom bike as a chop running 12 inch over stock springers, niether is particularly practical in any real sence but the owner is the one who chooses his or her ride and who is anyone to slag off that choice.
me i ride all year round i dont currently own a custom bike of any description they are all sadly stockers and mostly in a bit of a state due to being unemployed and being terminally skint, i do however get out there and ride. I enjoy going to shows/rallies/ events etc but i cant abide roundy roundy racing. i dont get all hot and bothered about folk who watch bsb or wsb or grand prix or whatever as it would take too much effort . effort that i would sooner apply to keeping my bikes on the road.
i agree in part that there are a lot of well heeled people that are rushing out and buying the latest plastic fantastic but then thats their choice look at it this way for everyone of em that buys a bike ....thats one more of us and one less of them. some folk have their bike for that sunday afternoon when its sunny...so what? dosnt stop me from getting out on the road anymore than a rainy day would.
As for the chop not costing a lot.....errrrrr well what can i say to that other than if you can afford to shell out loads of cash on summat fancy then well done youve earned the cash spend it how you want, personally i would sooner not spend zillions on a factory bike cos of the deprieciation and the fact that they do all look the same, oh and just a thought...... if all the "sunday/weekend warrior types get bored of their bikes then sooner or later there are going to be a hell of a lot of bargains going.
so in conclusion i would like to say i dont really care what your choice of bike is (its none of my concern after all...its not like im gonna be riding it any time soon if ever) but i do respect others choices wether that choice is to take a stock bike and turn it into a streetfighter or a chop, i also admire the folk that get off their arses and make the parts for their bikes and the folks who take old basket cases (wether they are yank brit italian or jap) and restore em back to their former glory...i got a lot of time for them too.

ere? whos had all my popcorn?

--

revenge is a dish best served...............with croutons

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 07:56:53

Hippyzolwiki
125cc Learner 

United Kingdom

Some of you should learn to read properly.... When youv masterd that then read my discription of weekend biker... When youv done that... Maybe you could stop throwing dummies... As to plastic bikes... Yeah, i think thier horrible and all look the same... But isnt this a forum where your thoughts and opinions can be aired? Or has everyone got to have the same opinion... Bike... Leathers... Helmet... Etc. Etc. Etc. Yes... My first post was probably badly worded... Maybe some people misunderstood... But it still dont change the fact that some idiots drive like prats at weekends... And that when you go out at weekends, most bikes look n sound the same! Now... The senseble educated ones among you will hopefuly read my discription of weekend bikers and add constructive comments ... The weekend wannabes probably wont.... Again i say be uniqe... Even little inexpensive changes to your bikes gives everyone else something to look out for and talk about when you meet up with others on the same bikes!

--

!!! TO .H.E.L.L. AND BACK !!!

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 09:18:05

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

**chucks popcorn at hippy**

--

Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 09:16:21

bubblesloves69
1300cc Superstar 

Next door to a pub in an interbred village, Kent
United Kingdom

Just to quote you hippy:

"some idiots drive like prats at weekends"

I think this quote speaks for itself.... "some" people eat cheese, "some" people are nice, etc.

Also, I see bikers on the road everyday and think WTF are they doing, the difference at the weekend is that there are more bikes out on the same roads so it probably seems more appropriate to say that there are more idiots on the road riding like prats, when in fact there aren't, there are more bikers out in a concentrated area lol

Oh and before I forget...... I have been taught to "ride" a motorcycle and "drive" a car, but I dunno maybe you have to "drive" certain bikes rofl

P.s. Are you going to the Rock n Blues? Or are you in favour of the devils fishermen?

--

The louder you scream the harder I ride..... !!!

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 09:13:17

sprag
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

I'm a grey haired old [female] fart that rides a bog standard 96ci Harley Dyna Custom and i've noticed it's got a few plastic bits on it. I ride whenever I can and freely admit to avoiding rain whenever possible for the simple reasons I hate getting wet and I don't fancy trying to pick up half a ton of yanky iron off the tarmac should the thing slide. I've been riding bikes since I was 16 and I turned 57 last week. I've owned well over 50 diferent bikes, scooters and a couple of mopeds. I have very little respect for the law in general and speed limits in particular.
I nod to all riders of 2 and 3 wheel bikes, scooters and custom trikes and hate car/van and bus driver. Traffic wardens and speed camera van operaters are virmin and should be exterminated.
I'd love a custom/chopper or whatever you wanna call em, I quite fancy a trike esp the Harley one I saw recently. I have no problem with sport bikes exept I cant get my fat arse on one due to my legs refusing to bend enough for me to get on one. lol
There, you have my resume'....... make of it what you will.

--

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 10:32:42

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

unfortunatly its not just at weekends that crap riders come out to play hippy.Blame Direct access. If ever there was a poorly thought out scheme its that one.
Its a fact that if you have a particular engine layout thenadd various aftermarket exhausts coupled with noise regs etc then your gonna have a load of different bikes that sound similar. There are plently of folk for who doing even the most basic of maintenence would be a nightmare hence the need for lots of bike shops and employed mechanics . Be thankfull for that, they pay your wages.
You stick to your chosen style of bike, thats your perogative just as the choice of others is theirs, dunno what all the fuss is about really.

--

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 11:20:15

gixxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

cock sucker! lol! what more can i say? i like all bikes , some more than others , as to 'plastic' bikes , a fairing is needed to maintain control at high speeds and the fairing is the only piece of plastic on em! i like roadsters ie bandits ,sports , blades etc i think my favourites are old muscle bikes eg gsxr 1100 1000 rx's etc, its just that i cannot see the point of 'customs' when its just a styling exercise. i go out as much as possible evenings , weekends , went to barnsley yesterday ,got wet ,whatever , why have i not seen a chop on the road? harleys yes , but standard (ish), i love cafe racers , i want an old harris frame and a k model 1100 motor in it, lovely, most of my ridings for pleasure these days, big dog, daughter etc... any thoughts on this? when did you last see a 'chopper' being ridden to the coast etc? (not shows!)
ive been in clubs where members have had choppers , they never went anywhere on em tho! just an excuse to be in a club, rallies boozin 'im a big hard biker me!' has anyone seen the fat f**k wi the tash? the ones who assemble other peoples work and charge people 50.000 dollars? a pop? can anyone explain the attraction?
they drive pickups and sports cars! and make a big deal about having A RUN on a newly built bike usually called 'the spider bike' or some other rhubarb...
answers on a postcard please....

--

'it wasnt me! i only just got here!'

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 11:45:14

bubblesloves69
1300cc Superstar 

Next door to a pub in an interbred village, Kent
United Kingdom

Agrees wiv bear (for once lol), DA is the best designed scheme to reduce the population!

Although saying that it is down to the individual taking the test to make sure they know all they need to and expand their knowledge.

I done my DA 5 yrs ago in Oct and I was the only person in my group who asked questions!! Ppl are keen to get on the road but no many know what to do when their on it.

--

The louder you scream the harder I ride..... !!!

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 11:48:26

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Ahhhhh the tutels .... american chopper FFS what a pile of crap that show is, their bikes are indeed ugly monstrosities and yeah they bang on about it being a big deal when they take a bike out when its finished (well they would , after all its a TV show init). Not a fan of theme bikes built by some in it for the cash and the celebrity type of fool. However the show is good for a laugh at their expence cos while they think they are stars and the best thing since sliced bread (which they patently arnt) most folk just laugh at em . (the liberty bike was ok in a way ...it had good lines and actually wasnt all that bad looking but the price tags these muppets slap on a bike is staggering).
As to chops being ridden, some are some arnt gixx. A bloke from near me runs an XS1100 in a kooter brown rigid frame with 20?" over springer style forks, he's been riding it and altering it for years . He regularly rides it huge distances including a yearly juant down to Faro (the long way). and its bloody hard work keeping up with him as well. another mate of mine has a gs1000 rigid chop and does around 15k a year (its his only form of transport and it still looks good despite being ridden daily, sounds good too with its straight through drags). I know a lot of folk that ride chops all the time i also know folks that ride street fighters too. Everyone starts somewhere so its not for me or anyone else to question someones choices, but if an opinion is voiced then i can either agree or not as i choose as can anyone else.
Cafe racers were the original UK custom bike, some of em are drop dead gorgeous others arnt (same with chops really). I just like bikes. im not all that bothered if its a chop or stock, id sooner ride a bike than not and as such would ride a scooter rather than walk (ok thats a bit too far but you see where im going lol). At the end of the day i dont care wether someone rides a chop or not . i admire the effort that goes into a "Special" or a "Custom" (call it what you will) and fail to see why it makes any difference to anyone else, but thats just my opinion others will have differing thoughts and thats ok too.
Back to the original post in the thread. there are muppets on the road that shouldnt have access to any form of powered vehicle wether or not they all come out and play on a sunday is debatable, i see em on a daily basis.

phew.... thats me done with being all reasonable its far too tiring .... now wheres me popcorn gone?

--

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 12:11:51

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

bloody hell !!!! bubbs agreed with me..

--

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 12:49:49

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Quote from bear "dunno what all the fuss is about really."

Fuss?! this isn't a fuss bear .......... a fuss is buying an outfit for a wedding and then trying to find the right hat handbag and shoes to match!!!!!!!!! arrrggghhhhhh Its a nitemare i tell ya.

--

Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly

!!! CHOPS !!! - Posted on 2007-06-14 13:08:41

ton_up
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Hippy, you mentioned that we don't read properly, it's because you can't spell you cock end.

Anyone who is not an immature trouble causing idiot normally likes anyone with the desire to ride a motorbike, whatever kind of motorbike.

I've had a chop before, everything rattled off it and it gave me piles.

I've had Jap cruisers, they were ok but didn't really feel 'real'.

I've got a Jap sports/commuter now and I can only ride at weekends because I work for living.

Now shut up and stop winding people up. If we all liked the same thing it would be really really boring.

--

Rossi for Prime Minister, Toseland for Deputy

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 of 7 

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ