HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-01 05:42:37

the_ox
1300cc Superstar

United Kingdom

Apart from me being an insomniac!

Apparantly most adults ( Imported or school leavers) today have difficulty working out basic math. I am watching a programme now and 98% could not work out 7 X 9.

Now if 98% stuffed you, you`ll have no chance with 7x9.

Personally my sons were able to read, write and do calculations above an average 10 year old`s intelligence when they were 4! All it takes is an effort on the parents behalf.

No wonder this country is going to pot when parents just churn out benefit claims rather than intelligence.

No one give children a book to read anymore? Or is a computer game easier?

Rather sad isnt it, unless your a porker not working claiming benefits and eating ***FILTERED WORD*** e all day long.

Bring back work houses, stop freeness to any fool who turns up with an invalid passport and claims for a house.

Get shot of G Brown and his cronies.

Rant over.

Remember we have to live together, so stop pissing off your neighbours.

--

If you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs, you probably haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation!

Replies
    1 2 of 2 
   How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-01 21:08:11

THE_LAST_OUTLAW
1300cc Superstar 

Creaky Joint City, Achesville, Dodgyknee.
United Kingdom

With you all the way Ox mate but sadly this once great country of ours has been taken over by Pinko bloody Liberals and do gooders!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good parents are seen as a threat by the "system" as they threaten the control freaks who are dumbing down the population. As for discipline and self respect.... Oh perleeeeeze!
Keep supporting yours kids mate, they sound like a credit to you!
Outlaw

--

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-01 21:26:56

Black_Sabbath21
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

As somebody who left school with only my GSCE in design tech and GNVQ in sqience, i cant say i excelled at maths however i am more than capable of working out equations. but fook me sideways what ox just described is idiocy of the highest degree, i hate to sound like my old man but "bring back the cane!"

--

Somedays i'de rather be on my bike thinking about sex, than having sex n' thinking about my bike!

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-02 06:50:17

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Thanx peeps, was wondering if it was just me for a minute there.
As much as I may have maligned my ex wife she assisted in the above and still does. We constantly try to ensure the boys understand and also enjoy their education. After all we both want them to do better than us in life.
It is also fun explaining their questions or assisting them in work projects. I personally set them two hours per weekend when they stay with me for a project I make up. Last one was who invented the jet engine and what progress has been made since. Obviously i have to make sure I know the answers too!

To top it off youngest wants to be in the army, he has been told hes going to uni and Sandhurst, or go thru Army cadets for officer training ( he is in them already and apparantly showing good measure, thanks Scunjee for the boot polish lessons, he is the best now i`ve trained him!), and he agrees with the above thank god lol.

--

If you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs, you probably haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation!

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-05 12:22:22

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar 

United States

As a parent of 18 and 20 yr old sons... I can say Kudos to you! As a single mom I spent endless hours with my sons when the were younger, reading, playing, interacting, stimulating their imaginations and intellects. It pays off I assure you.

Unfortunately, technology has made a lot of lazy parents...

--

Keep your bike in good repair: motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking. ~Author Unknown

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-05 15:24:27

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Mine are now 12 and 14 Lady.

As you say its a never ending thing, but that is why we love our children. Well most people anyway!

--

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-05 16:33:10

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar 

United States

ah..12 and 14....now is the time to love them more than ever...the next few years will be a test...for you and them...

words of advice for the next few years.....have a sense or humor...or humour however you want to say it : )

--

Keep your bike in good repair: motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking. ~Author Unknown

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-06 16:39:34

rsvar7
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

thank xxxxxx mine are doin well reading and writing am right bloody proud of em

--

grab em by the danglies..and lets go for it...ding dong

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-07 14:50:48

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Lady, YOU HAVE to have a sence of humour with teenagers, othewise you`ll go bald ( I shave my head anyway) or go mad ( it has been said).
Just recovering from the past two days at a rally, it was cold and every git in ajoining tents snored all night!

--

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-08 14:53:32

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar 

United States

so true so true...

ugh...cold, sleeping in tent, snoring...sounds like fun!

--

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-08 15:15:36

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

It was actually, all part of the fun as they say.
Still cannot believe a 17 yr old beat me in an arm wrestle contest! Oh well age and being a tad drunk must be taking its toll :P

--

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-08 17:25:05

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar 

United States

Ha! You overestimate my friend...a 17 yr old testosterone laden male will break his arm to win...especially to an "older gent" Hahhhah

Glad the rally was fun...yes...the tent, snoring and all is truly a part of the experience, I understand that completely...

--

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-08 17:54:24

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Even the 17yr old said the same!
We strained and went at the start, being bigger and older I assumed I would win. He just went mad for it, TBH he was about my size ...........No...........Not an excuse!
He was better, we had a pint afterwards and had a right laugh. He was a rally virgin and had the pleasure of being egged and floured earlier.
Top young man! Took it as intended. Think the honey and syrup took longer to wash off!
Anyway,no loss to a fine young person. He went for it and won. Even the "biggest men" lost to him.
So way to go!

--

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-08 18:51:34

gixxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

well all you car drivers have weak arms!!!! lol

--

'it wasnt me! i only just got here!'

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-08 19:33:07

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

No you nugget.
Can beat most in a arm wrestle this one was good.
Can you not realise some can be better?

Lad was good, end of.

--

How sad is this - Posted on 2010-03-09 00:46:45

gixxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

nah i cant! but we ...we who havent had sense of humour bypasses can. lolololol!, do you remember a guy called oliver reed? actor? his first job was a nightclub bouncer he was 17!! my g/fs sons are both 6 ' 4 " 18 stone 25 and 23 years old .(the youngest was attacked by a drunken next door neighbour armed with a knife, for no reason so he disarmed him and cut him up a bit to teach him a lesson. he was 13 at the time) you lost an arm wrestling contest? wanna swap?????

--

'it wasnt me! i only just got here!'

1 2 of 2 

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ