HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-14 21:17:02

bear
1300cc Superstar

United Kingdom

The government via the DVLA is proposing to introduce an annual fee for OWNING a vehicle - a possession tax,Under thier proposals it will not matter whether the vehicle is on the road or not,if you've got it then you will pay the annual registration fee. The proposal is to initally charge us a further four pounds fifty pence per VED or SORN transaction but once implemented there will be nothing to stop government from increasing the fee. if you think this is outrageous then right to your MP as soon as poss. your MP's name , co houses of parliament, london will do' before you know it the fuckers will be taxinig us to draw breath

Replies

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-14 21:40:58

Mark
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Hi, If you want to do this you may find this site useful: http://www.faxyourmp.com/ Mark

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-14 22:43:08

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

cheers mark . just goes to show you can do everything with the internet

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-15 14:03:56

hornyangel
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

Thats so out of order, How hard are they going to make!! We are not going to be able to aford to have any thing in the world!

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-15 15:59:34

rubber
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

who wants to move abroad?? Maybe we could all join forces and make a guest house??

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-15 17:14:28

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

better plan lets just throw the poiticians out and have done with it, money grabbin self serving gits that they are.

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-15 21:37:47

rubber
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

yeah bear get finished what guy fox got wrong if he had been a woman i bet it would of got done or died trying

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-16 09:24:28

papaninja
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

As long as they make the tossers who ride pushbikes pay as well.....how many times have you been cut up or nearly knocked over by the bassa's..i know i have!! Think they should do away with Vehicle tax as well.....put it on fuel..then all the peeps who do the mileage would pay more and those of us who dont use the roads as much wont be stung as much! Just a thought.......... Ian

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-16 11:59:56

rubber
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

i ride a push bike, though i do have some common sence, well more common than sence really lol

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-16 13:33:54

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I agree with your comment about the cyclists they are a bloody nuisance up here (bloody treehuggin neuvoux hippy gits) make em pay a tax and insurance. oh incidently did you know that under a european law if you have an accident with a pushbike your insurance pays the damage irrespective of fault !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how outragous is that????? as for doing away with road fund and putting it on fuel i think that 80%tax on fuel is more than enuff money for the government to take. abolish the road tax fine but no more increases to fuel tax, can barely afford to fill the tank on mine as it is.

the sneaky bastids - Posted on 2004-11-17 10:00:02

SpeedyRS
1200cc Race Star 

United Kingdom

Putting an extra tax on fuel sounds like a good idea, until you realise that it also increases all the distribution costs on goods making everthing more expensive and sending inflation through the roof, which then results in higher unemployment, that's maybe one of the reasons it hasn't been done yet! Also the small thing about a previous Goverment telling everybody to get on your bike and find work as you couldn't expect to work locally anymore. Extra fuel taxes on mileage would cause a lot of people not to be able to afford to travel to their place of work. What we need is a decent public transport system and a fairer way of paying our road tax. Also to use the road tax for what it was designed for, ooops sorry...the government are always robbing Peter to pay Paul, sooner or later it ends in a mess!

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ