HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Mr. Or Mrs. Computer? (BACK AT ALL OF YOU GUYS!!) - Posted on 2005-02-28 19:14:33

Wildchild
1000cc Pro Racer

United States

A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine. "House" for instance, is feminine: "la casa." "Pencil," however, is masculine: "el lapiz." A student asked, "What gender is 'computer'?" Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether "computer" should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation. The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be of the feminine gender ("la computer"), because: 1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic; 2. The native language they used to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else. 3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retireval; and 4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it. The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ("el computer"), because: 1.In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on; 2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves; 3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem: and 4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model. The women won.

Replies

Mr. Or Mrs. Computer? (BACK AT ALL OF YOU GUYS!!) - Posted on 2005-03-01 04:43:54

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

there were more women than men? and the teacher was biased. lol

Mr. Or Mrs. Computer? (BACK AT ALL OF YOU GUYS!!) - Posted on 2005-03-01 12:14:19

joeboxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

what the guys forgot to write was that you always have to punch the information in first to get a result.

Mr. Or Mrs. Computer? (BACK AT ALL OF YOU GUYS!!) - Posted on 2005-03-02 11:30:43

Bobro
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

and not a single comment about, MOTHER boards, HARD drives, or FLOPPY drives. plus no one mentioned that everyone (even thoughs that dont use them) complains about how inafficant computers are but the fact remains the world would be buggered with out them, just shows men are usefull dispite all complaints. yup i know its only a joke and i think women are great. all i need now is one to prove that to me

Mr. Or Mrs. Computer? (BACK AT ALL OF YOU GUYS!!) - Posted on 2005-03-02 12:10:25

joeboxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I like ya singles ad at the end there bo lol:)

Mr. Or Mrs. Computer? (BACK AT ALL OF YOU GUYS!!) - Posted on 2005-03-02 13:18:36

jayr1cooper
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

yep computers are definately women coz if you dont look after them they feck up and fill them with much info they slow down. note to self still dont mess with scorps

Mr. Or Mrs. Computer? (BACK AT ALL OF YOU GUYS!!) - Posted on 2005-03-02 13:32:48

realslapper
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

JAY URE WALKIN A THIN LINE WEELAD

Mr. Or Mrs. Computer? (BACK AT ALL OF YOU GUYS!!) - Posted on 2005-03-02 16:24:19

Bobro
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

No joe it WASNT a singles add........But if any female wants to take it that way, yes im very single, looking for a youthfull, fast paced, moden computer, prefrably blond that plays DVD's ..........i forget, am i after a women are a computer ??

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ