HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-18 15:01:51

vibro
1300cc Superstar

United Kingdom

is ther any hard and fast rules to holding a regular bike night ,the pub where i drink would love me and a mate to organise a regular get to gether and get loads of bikers interested obviuosly it would take time as you need to build up a good rep first,the idea would be to perhaps lay on food from the pub,occasionally have live music,or whatever other suggestions people feel is neccesary to get a good regular following,any helpful suggestions will be gratefully recieved .thankyou

Replies

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-18 16:45:53

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Yer get some leather clad strippers

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-18 16:49:46

darcey
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

i usually expect some good music and some sort of food ...

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-18 16:59:59

back_in_the_wind
250cc Rider 

United States

trying having a monthly charity night where a portion of the ticket sales go toward a local charity. Make sure you advertisements are clear, colorful and atractive plus the price of the tickets, what the door price is and any other items should be on the poster. You can also get local merchants to chip in by giving out gift certificate and save the best price for the last drawing. I have found that my best gatherings were benefits...

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-18 17:32:15

jayr1cooper
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

if they have a big beer garden and an extension then anything is possible really although obviously its not good to drink and ride your balance is all scew wiff for a start, an ad in your local might help, and pass it on to your m8s so they can pass it on tho theirs and of course the good old blackboard out the front is a good eye catcher.

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-18 21:13:10

Martin
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

and good company .... 'darcy' ;o)

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-18 21:14:15

Martin
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

+ e 'darcey'

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-18 21:42:09

jules
600cc Boy Racer 

United States

we have several places that have 'bike nights' here . some of the things they do are offer chances on prizes(ie riding gear, t-shirts, coozies etc) the biggeer ones have a grand prize given at the end of the riding season(ie a motorercycle). the chances are giving one for every bike or person who shows up, a prize for the 100th ,or whatever no of bikes you are aiming for, to show up. they also have several radio stations that sponser nights and beer companies also sponser them and offer drink specials. hope you are successful ,the ones i have attended here are alot of fun

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-19 01:38:54

davie
1200cc Race Star 

United Kingdom

i went to quite a few bike nites last year..most had a burger stall plenty of parking and local dealers/accesory shopes are offered the chance to come. some invited local bands to perform for free..to make their name known. best of all they were all free. most had a form of raffle going too..either drawn on the night or a big prize at the end of the season.

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-22 02:51:48

DanDares
50cc Newbie 

United Kingdom

I'm trying get my own get together with the Hull and district but it's hard work, get yourself a plan first so you know it will work and then try to get people interested. word of mouth is a good thing so make sure it sounds inviting for the prospective visitors and they will tell friends!!, pick a venue where the landlord/lady sees an interest in bikes otherwise things can get tricky due to the "bikers are hooligans attitude" apart from that just make sure that whoever turns up will have a good time, from then onwards try to arrange things according to the amount of people coming and it will work.Just try to make sure that you cannot expect a good turnout every week due to other peoples workloads and so forth, just make sure that no matter how many or how little they need to have a good time to remain loyal. Best of luck in attaining your goal and if it's not too far away i'll pay you a visit.

does anyone know................ - Posted on 2005-02-22 02:51:48

DanDares
50cc Newbie 

United Kingdom

I'm trying get my own get together with the Hull and district but it's hard work, get yourself a plan first so you know it will work and then try to get people interested. word of mouth is a good thing so make sure it sounds inviting for the prospective visitors and they will tell friends!!, pick a venue where the landlord/lady sees an interest in bikes otherwise things can get tricky due to the "bikers are hooligans attitude" apart from that just make sure that whoever turns up will have a good time, from then onwards try to arrange things according to the amount of people coming and it will work.Just try to make sure that you cannot expect a good turnout every week due to other peoples workloads and so forth, just make sure that no matter how many or how little they need to have a good time to remain loyal. Best of luck in attaining your goal and if it's not too far away i'll pay you a visit. Oh and above all make sure that you have fun coz it's a bike night for you too!!!

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ