HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Flying Dutchman Motorcycle - Posted on 2005-02-12 22:50:36

Wildchild
1000cc Pro Racer

United States

This was from the January issue of "Free Wheeling" magazine. Flying Dutchman Motorcycle We've all heard of flying cars in our future, but now the Dutch from Spark Design has announced even stranger news--a flying motorcycle, which may be available sooner than you'd think. Spark Design claims the vehicle--which looks like a cross between a helicopter and a full-fairing bike-- will be able to take off and land vertically and reach 125mph both on land and in the air. The rotor and propeller are folded until the machine needs to fly. Once airborne, the rear-mounted propeller pushes the craft along and the unpowered main rotor spins to give the craft lift. It is designed to fly under the 4,000ft threshold used by commercial aircraft. The company, that has worked on products as disparate as the Carver (a three-wheeled enclosed motorbike that leans over in corners), parts for coffee pots, and handicap bathroom door handles, says the flying motorcycle could be ready for test flights in less than a year. The machine will be made in Canada mainly for the U.S. market.

Replies

Flying Dutchman Motorcycle - Posted on 2005-02-12 23:00:36

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

bet scunjee is first in line to buy one. great for harrassing the sheep . on a serious note i want to know how the cops are gonna pull you up for riding/flying one, hmmmmm now where do i get flying lessons.

Flying Dutchman Motorcycle - Posted on 2005-02-13 10:31:20

joeboxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

somehow i just don't see this idea taking off!! hehehehehe

Flying Dutchman Motorcycle - Posted on 2005-02-13 12:16:29

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

bearing in mind the reliability of engines in general (ie they go bang at the most inapropriate time) i dont think id fancy owning one cos i know it would give up and die on me while it was flying). if i was supposed to fly i would have been issued with club class tickets at birth. lol

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ