HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 12:03:51

papaninja
600cc Boy Racer

United Kingdom

I doubt I'm the only one thinking this as its been mentioned b4, but WTF is wrong with some people. When i came to this room is was by request from Roebs/sarah whome i have known for a while and met. It was advertised as a biker friendly place where we could all have fun and banter etc... For some time but more of late its become a place where people with a personal dislike to someone else have taken the opportunity to Bully and Harass that person/s to the point of them leaving or threatening to leave the site. This does nothing but bring a negative feeling to the site/room and its getting a bit much. Before i get slated for posting this, i myself have risen to the bait on occasions, so am guilty as well, something i'm not proud of as i only come i here to have a laugh. What i find hard to do is sit back and watch someone else get belittled and harrassed by others. Far too many personal things have been said and aired in here on the assumption that everyone else wants to hear them. From whats been said to me privately thats NOT the case. There is NO need to air your arguments or problems in public.... use the PRIVATE feature, thats what its there for, also there is another feature known as IGNORE, most of us know about it but rearely use it but its there all the same. This site/room is as far as i know (correct me if I'm wrong please Mark) SELF Moderating, therefore common sence should prevail. Thats not always the case and some people think they "Run" the room....You dont!! We all "USE" the room/site thanks to the hard work of Roebys other half Mark and should treat it with respect. I know this may offend a few people but its not ment to, for that i'm sorry but i felt it had to be said. All i want to do is come in here and have a laugh, Remember we come in here through choice not necessity, so lets make it fun....... please. Rant over Ian

Replies
    1 2 of 2 
   Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 13:11:02

hornyangel
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

Stands next to papa, everything you said darlin i agree totally....

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 13:18:04

rgvr
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

I'm with the badger on this one, as you will have possibly noticed I spend a lot of most evenings in the room even if I'm not chatting - its because I've taken to stalking.............. Seriously though - I will keep popping in between doing work and sometimes I'm amazed at what can happen in 20 minutes, for a start people who used to get along trying to tear each others throats out. Whats happening guys/girls? We all come here to talk about something because we all have an interest in bikes. Mark has given us this thing for us to have a bit of fun on. Whose going to be the one who makes him lock the toybox? So - don't start nothing and there won't be something.

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 14:08:18

LCGirl
125cc Learner 

United Kingdom

Well said Ian. I personally have not been subject to any of the things you have mentioned....but I have seen it. Come on guys and girls.....life is way too short to spoil with bad feeling and arguments. Ride safe...and love to you all A.

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 17:00:32

Severian
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

well said Ian, with you all the way!

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 17:08:59

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Way to go

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 16:59:20

barmy_carmy
250cc Rider 

United Kingdom

I agree papa! I was just on Forum99. Being a biker 25yrs ago you were part of a big family of bikers, But biking today it is totally different .They asked who stops if they see a fellow biker in distress? There was a lone small female biker who is very wary of stopping because of a bad past experience. I thought this is so sad, that another biker could treat a fellow biker in this way. And if I have ever used an improper word then I sincerely apologise, I dont think I have but just in case! And yes, listen to what Papa is saying, it is enough That the government and various antibiking bodies against us, without squabbling amongst yourselves, Love and peace! And if you dont like what I've written..........Tough this is my point of view.

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 19:41:48

concon
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I have seen it... but usually the people that do the bullying hide behind another alias. Its not hard to figure out and I wasn't the brunt of the bullying, but it sure did make it uncomfortable to watch.

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 19:53:31

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

agrees totaly

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-05 22:16:04

vibro
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

i must ave missed this .................who got the short end paps?.........god im tick,tick and tupid,oh by the way right on brother ninja

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-06 09:22:27

giz
50cc Newbie 

United Kingdom

Its with great shame that i say not so long back i was guilty of abusing people for my own personal well being. i spent a life time bullying people because of my own low self worth. and there have been some nights where i have cried for the pain i have caused others. it has been a struggle rising from the ashes and was only when i found someone that i wanted to love me did i realise what a horrible and selfish bastard i was. Dont get me wrong i can still be a selfish 'dick head' that needs a nudge every so often but i am also man enough to apologise for my transgressions....................................................................................................................the ' i dont give a fuck' facade is just that a facade..........................................now sort yaselves out b4 everyone you ever cared about and loved leaves u to rot in your own pile of festering self esteem! ..............Guy

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-06 10:03:55

Mark
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

To recap on what has already been said and add my own view this is not a place to air you own personal grievances or attack another user, if you must do it use another method. I put this site online for everyone to have a chat not to cause anyone any distress. I have spoken to some users and asked them not to be baited into a flame war in the forums or the chatroom and I want to thank them for doing just that. I also want to say that if anyone uses a 'secret' login name to attack another user I will simply post the real userid for that person. I think the easy way to stop this is for me or Sarah to simply expel anyone who starts any trouble or responds to it. There is no excuse for it, in the forums simply ignore any threads that get your back up and in the chatroom use the ignore button if there is a user online that you don’t like. It really pisses me off when there are a lot of users online and then someone starts trouble which causes all the other users to log off because they don’t want to see it. It will also get the site a bad name therefore stopping new users from coming here, I'm not going to let that happen.

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-06 14:26:27

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I totally agree Mark i have been accused of using false names to "have a go" and as you know that is untrue. As has been mentioned above all of us at some point has used the room for the negative rather than the positive. Well not all but a fair majority to be truthful. The only way i can see forward for some of the persons concerned is to not join in certain parts of the "banter" that others use, because that way they wont get upset by being mentioned in the forementioned "banter", anyway just my humble tuppence worth. ox

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-06 16:53:10

flirty
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

Bout time someone said all that. Well done Ninj.

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-07 08:26:29

The_Drifter
1300cc Superstar 

Zimbabwe

Agree w/u 100 percent Life is a journey Enjoy the ride. Ya only get one change and to use it baggering someone else does not make the best of since to me. But hell, who am I just some drifter. Again, ladies and gentlemen (and I use that term loosely) "Life is a Journey, Enjoy the ride." There, is my 2 cents worth, now where did I put that beer!!

Getting a bit fed up now!! - Posted on 2005-02-07 09:27:14

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

Well said, oh badger-like one. Now that you've had your lucid moment for the year, you can go back to dribbling in the corner ;-) Joking aside, this is a nice place to be (not crappy, not at all, honest guv (creep)) and only the people in it make it like that, when they're getting along. Cheers Grim

1 2 of 2 

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ