HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 10:19:13

papa
400cc Rider

United Kingdom

Are they taking the piss or what!! For 20yrs I've worked... even when not workin i have never signed on even though I'm entitled to do so.... Signed on this yr against my better judgement...(pride) but unfortunatly pride dont pay the bills... Got letter from the Social just now... I'm gonna be rich..........NOT!! I'm gonna be paid.......................£6.28 per week..........how fuckin insulting is that!!! Just as well i start a new job soon! Now dont get me wrong here, but when i see little chavs dressed in designer trainers, jeans etc wallking outta the job centre smokin and then walking straight into the pub next door it really winds me up! I never wanted to ask anyone for help, all i wanted was something to ease the struggle between paying bills and all the other shite, but this is a slap in the face. Great fuckin Country this is....makes me proud to be British! Rant over... (till i think of something else to moan about) Ian

Replies

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 10:54:15

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

i have been on the dole for some time now and pretty much know how the system works, it sounds to me as if you have been self employed at some point. basically they are saying they dont believe that your self employment has finished (or someone is taking the piss) personally i would go down to the job centre and ask them what is occuring (be polite and calm .... difficult, i know given the circumstances) if they can come up with no reasonable reason why they are only gonna pay you such a paltry sum then put in an appeal followed up by a letter to your local MP (if he is a labour one youll get some result as the dhss really get scared when a serving member of the government gets pissed off at em this does work) you are entitled to at least 56 quid income support and housing benefit and council tax benefit and cos you are married (or living as if you were married ) you will be entitled to slightly more cash per week to cover your partner. on the birth of the little one you will also (or kes will )be entitled to several other benefits. the main thing is you have to request the benefits they are required to give them to you. they will however make live difficult by not telling you what you are entitled too you have to ask them what benefits you can get. for instance you may be entitled to tax credits as a top up for your wages especially handy considering the imminent birth of a little ninja. go and ask em papa just try to remain calm and be polite good luck with it. ps i know what you mean about the chav element. pps if you get no joy at the dole office go see citizens advice and contact yer mp with the relevant details.

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 11:08:56

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

They probably think you are still living on your earnings from 'Flash Gordon', Ninj ;-) Joking aside, I have worked from the age of 16 until now, even when I was a student I worked through the summer and earnt my spending money for the next term. There are chavs in this country who have never done a days work and probably spend more time in the pub then I ever will. Mainly because they are on the rob and driving around in uninsured, unregistered cars, crashing into my wife's car and forcing us to go further into debt to get a car that's safe. While it takes the crappy justice system over a year to sort out a claim. During which time, we can't get rid of the old car, just in case. Not that I'm bitter but they are a cancer of this country and the sooner they go out and get a feckin job or do the decent thing and drive their uninsured chav-mobile off beachy head, the better. Cheers Grim

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 11:37:20

papa
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

More Like "Flesh Gordan" m8..... I cant be arsed to appeal as I've got a job sorted now..... its just a pity this country has come to this, is it any wonder we get so many "Assylum Seekers" coming over here. I doubt i'd be made to feel so welcome if i went out to some other country and asked to be housed fed and paid for doing fuck all to help the economy. Oh...have to be carefull now.... i seem to have strayed off the subject somewhat.......lol Sorry Ian

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 12:06:45

scunjee
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

ninj...follow it up m8...ya never know whats around the corner and it will be recorded as the circumstances that they have payed ya 6quid odd a week.....they will look at that in the future and say well this is what we awarded you here! i;ve never had to claim, thankfully i've always managed to find work when times have been tough, but i know damn well regardless of how much i've supported chavs to the sum of many tens of thousands in tax and ni contributions over the years they'd feckin laff in me face if i did need their assistance

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 12:38:52

concon
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

When 10wheels was made redundant and were in the process of setting up his own company. Times were hard (not rolling in money yet either) but we applied for Working Families Tax Credit cause there was no income from Scott and I was still work full-time and 3 children. Working Familes Tax Credit awarded us a reasonable amount to hold us over while Scott was building up the business and starting to be able to invoice for work he had done. (might I add this was only for anout 4 - 6 weeks we had been receiving any tax credit. Scott's business started doing better by the time they were asking for Working Families Tax Credit renewal forms in July. We decided not to renew since he was now earning a little bit. Thought it would be more of hassle to renew. Now we have received a letter to say that we have been OVERPAID by the sum of £4,000 or so and have 1 month to pay it! We have never applied for any assistance of any kind before. We worked all the sums out with the people on their helpline and everything was fine, so they can sod off!

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 12:49:26

ninj
50cc Newbie 

United Kingdom

Its bloddy discustin the way this country is with honest people. I wouldn't mind but i applied after having been out of work so to speak for 2 months, that's now over 1 month since i applied, and only now do they tell me how much I'm "entitled" to. They can poke it as far as I'm concerned, and i dont like the fact that I'm made to feel that i "OWE" them for doing me a favour!! Bloody Joke! Ian

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 13:11:11

concon
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I know what you mean Ian. We hadn't applied until 4 months in or so. Didn't even sign on the dole either, just applied for a bit of tax credit to take the edge off. It's awful! I know people in our village who are 'milking' the system for everything. They live better lifestyles than we do. At the pub all the time, sky tv, smokers, always updating their wardrobes, decorating their 'paid for' houses.... you name it! Their kids are in allsorts of extra cirricular activities, etc. Our kids aren't involved in anything outside school cause we can't afford it and haven't been shopping for clothes in who knows how long! But things are on the up and I am proud to know that whatever we have (no matter how large or small) its because we worked hard for it. Makes are kids appreciate what they have too. And (in my opion) that's a good way to live.

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 15:49:45

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

I didn't mean to ake it sound like any financial help from the governemnt is bad peeps. What annoys me is people who have never paid a penny in taxes in their life, who are sponging off the system and then go and rob the people who are paying taxes. Tony Martin is my hero !! The man shot two kids who broke into his house and now one of the kids (who is now 25) is suing him, as he can't work now. Bollocks. We have a Thalidomide affected woman here at work, she does the post round, with no help at all. This bloke is claiming mental stress for being shot ten years ago. Try going through what my mate Neil, or Madd (and Scorps) went through and then talk about mental stress. Little fecker. He should be made to work for minimum wage and pay his wages to Tony Martin for the lost time that Tony spent in prison. Phew, rant 2 over, it's the weekend, I'm off home ;-) Cheers Grim

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 15:58:17

concon
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Its unfortunate that our society breeds non-workers... You can be 16 and want to move out (as most teenagers do) so ya go get pregnant and get a free house and a cheque every week to feed a baby who learn to grow up and have the same aspirations. Why work when mom and dad get a cheque every week and don't have to do anything for it? Sad very sad.....

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 16:37:54

vibro
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

just tell em you got off the back of a lorry at dover and you no speako dego theyll chuck cash at you ..........might not sound pc but its true..........failin that ninj keep it between just me and you but im planning another job in northern ireland (bank job......again).

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-04 17:24:33

barmy_carmy
250cc Rider 

United Kingdom

Have you got a welfare rights near you? usually located with local council or CAB. ask them to act on your behalf, they will chase your benefits you are entitled too. usually if there is someone like that acting on your behalf usually gets things done quicker. Dont give up, because thats what the social are hoping you will do.

Fekin Social Security........... - Posted on 2005-02-12 10:32:38

Harley_Nomad
250cc Rider 

Togo

And here I was thinking that the U. S. of A. was the only place that puts undeserving little bastards on the dole and gives hard working people who just happen to be having a bad year a hard time. I've personally worked all my life, and gone to some pretty awful places to do it, but the system's the same. My vote goes for keeping on them...... you don't know what's waiting around the next bend in the road so fight 'em while you don't need it. Then if you ever do, at least you won't have to fight to put food in front of your family. Keep the shiny side up Mate. Nomad

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ