HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Ride Out 6th Feb Tsunami Appeal - Posted on 2005-02-03 20:50:05

carly18
50cc Newbie

United Kingdom

Press Release on behalf of 1up5down. Although I know this is at short notice, 1down5up has been asked to get the word around the biking community regarding motorcyclists riding to help the Asian Tsunami Disaster. Motorcyclists from all over the UK, starting from various meeting points in the North, East, South and West will meet up in their major cities at a pre-determined time. From there they will move to the next city on the route collecting more riders, and at each city along the way, or even before the event, they will be collecting money for the Tsunami Earthquake Appeal. The event will take place on February 6th and all funds raised from sponsorship, collections on the day and proceeds of the auction will be given to DEC., the UK Registered charity no: 1062638. This event is a registered donor record number: TEA FUNDR 117. The ultimate end point is The National Motorcycle Museum in Solihull, West Midlands who have kindly donated the use of their facilities for this event. At their museum there will be an auction of the items so kindly donated by the companies and racing teams that we all know and respect. There may even be some of them joining on the day. As you can appreciate the disaster has left many in need who we do not usually hear about. The impact of this has put a substantial drain on the resources of charities trying to help, and as we have all seen in the local, national and international media, they need all the financial help they can get. This urgency hasn't given much time for the planning of such a charity event, and we do hope this doesn't put people off joining. The organisers would also love to hear from those of you who would like to play an active role in this event. They are still desperately looking for individuals generous enough to help organise the various regional groups. The organisers are also looking for donations to the auction. If you or your company think you may be able to help, then please contact them as soon as possible. In return you will not only have your details listed as an event sponsor, but you will be doing something special to help those in need. Finally, they would love to hear from any established motorcycle groups who wish to take part, as you already have access to your members and should be able to organise them to take part in this event. Of course, if they would be kind enough to allow others in their region to ride with them, this would be perfect for all of us. For more information, follow the link. Here's the link: http://www.motorcycleas.org.uk I would like to thank all the members of 1down5up for taking the time to read this. We realise it is short notice, but every little helps. Please put any other ideas for raising money for the disaster fund onto the forum and we will see what we can do. Many thanks, Peter Atherton 1down5up.co.uk

Replies

Ride Out 6th Feb Tsunami Appeal - Posted on 2005-02-04 16:47:28

vibro
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

after that could we have a rideout to raise money to pay for our kids school vital eqiupment what they dont get,or could we do one to pay for a dentist as our town aint had one for 6 years cause we cant afford one,or we could do one to pay to have our police station manned for more than 10 hours aweek,sorry to sound unkind but how much do you expect one to keep giving,this countryhas given masses already,not that thats wrong but lets not forget our own charities(drs,nurses,police,teachers,etc)as well as everything else we are expected to contribute too does that sound heartless or un pc or is it just me,it might not be a pc but a lot of people think what i just said

Ride Out 6th Feb Tsunami Appeal - Posted on 2005-02-04 17:22:02

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Totally agree, not much more else to put really

Ride Out 6th Feb Tsunami Appeal - Posted on 2005-02-05 04:02:36

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

while i am not against stuff like this (after all it must be the biggest natural disaster of modern times) i do agree with vibro and ox on this . an old victorian addage springs to mind "Charity begins at home". i gave money to the tsunami appeal already and have often taken part in various charity rides . The state our own country is in though makes me want to support charities that spend their/our money here. Yeah we have it easy for the most part but there is still many things that are wrong here homelessness, unemployment, pensioners living in squaler and poverty,ect ect ect and thats before looking at the state of our schools and healthcare system.

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ