HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Help Needed - Tricky NC30 carbs - Posted on 2005-01-23 18:03:38

mathewp
400cc Rider

United Kingdom

Has anyone got any experience working on an NC30 or NC35. Been helping a friend put his NC30 back together today and were stuggling to get the carbs back on. The inlet rubber have gone very hard, tried silicone grease and warming them to no evail. We are down to brute force next an i'm wondering if there is a trick to it that I'm missing, or is it just one of those tw@tty jobs that you have to get on with? Gratefull for any help

Replies

Help Needed - Tricky NC30 carbs - Posted on 2005-01-23 18:16:20

rgvr
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

Take the rubbers off then, wash them with warm soapy water. Use a bit of hairspray very carefully to ease them on (it acts as a lubricant then hardens up) and clean with petrol - but wipe it off quickly and try to avoid letting anything get into the mouths.

Help Needed - Tricky NC30 carbs - Posted on 2005-01-24 12:27:45

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

I used to own one of these and it is a right pain to put the carbs back on. The best way I found was to smear a little clean engine oil around the mouths of the rubbers and then just use brute force. They will eventually go on, normally with a massive 'clunk'. Cheers Grim

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ