HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 10:50:15

trikerjon
50cc Newbie

United Kingdom

What the differents between Bikers and Motorcyclists?

Replies

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 10:59:19

Severian
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

didnt know there was one.... i say bikers are people who ride bikes and motorcyclists is the name non bikers give us?

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 11:11:26

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

as far as i'm concerned there is no difference, however, it could be said that bikers live the biker lifestyle and motorcyclists just use their bikes for going to work on perhaps.

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 11:39:36

hornyangel
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

Agree with both..........

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 13:04:39

bubblesloves69
1300cc Superstar 

Next door to a pub in an interbred village, Kent
United Kingdom

I think I'#d rather be known as a biker than a motorcyclist, the latter sounds a little too sensible. After all it woulda been a silly name for a shite film wouldn't it i.e. "Motorcyclist Men"!

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 13:17:52

mathewp
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

If your riding home from work in the pouring down rain and see another bike broken down on the side of the road. do you A. Ride past B. Stop and offer help C. Shout something ammusing as you ride past If you answered :- A. your a motorcyclist. B. Your a biker. C. Your a twat. Though to be fair neither a nor c would be riding home in the pouring down rain.

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 16:13:17

scunjee
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

bikers are prone to join mag.....motorcyclists bmf

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 17:40:33

papaninja
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

I always thought a biker was someone that had had an "Off".... only then can you be called a biker.....the rest are just motorcyclists......... Makes me a fekin great biker that does..... Knew i was good at something......... Ian

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 17:47:33

thumps
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

never really thought there was a differance between the two,but i would have thought a biker is more likley to the hairy assed creature that spends most of the summer going from beer festival to beer festival. and all people that manage to survive on 2 wheels with all the maniacs out there deserves my respect.

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-17 17:58:55

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

To me a biker is the true, dyed in the wool, live, eat and breath motorcycles type. A motorcyclist rides a BMW and is a member of the IAM ;-) Just my stereotypical opinion. Cheers Grim

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-18 01:09:02

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

no idea lol no change there then lol

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-18 02:11:03

AnimalMother
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

Bikers are obviously long haired, hairy arsed, beer drinkin', chopper ridin', whore shaggin', granny killing, law breakin', fist fightin' fat bastards you see on films. Motorcyclists are those nice chaps who ride scooters, rebuild Velocetes, possibly stop for a cup of tea and a scone in a nice scenic village and never break a law. A vicar with a Piaggio may be a motorcyclist, yes, I think so. Or thats what the public think. Oh, are those with L plates still bikers as allot of people tend not to acknowledge their existence when on the road? I prefer the term biker, makes me seem harder. GRRRRRRR!!!!

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-18 09:47:14

si
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

My opinion is that they both represent the same thing, its irrelevent if ya ride 24 hours a day 7 days a week cos i know i couldn't afford to drop my bike in the ice and snow,cheaper to crash my dads car!!! lol we all love bikes and riding em so lets keep it that way, just roll on some warm weather cos my knee sliders are gettin dusty!!!! lol

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-18 10:02:26

scunjee
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

i wrote,"bikers are prone to join mag.....motorcyclists bmf" ...seeing as i'm a member of neither what does that make me?? yours sincerely(though albeit rather confused over identity issues) scunj

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-19 15:28:38

Baby_Girl
50cc Newbie 

United States

A biker is someone who enjoys motorcycles to the point that their lives revolve around bikes and all of its events and happenings. They are only concerned with the next ride and whats going on in their world....not to be rude, but it is that way for them and since I was able to live that life for many years...it was outstanding and fun all the time, good folks and great events. And one other note also, is that they didnt give a hoot about how they looked, cause they were too busy enjoying the moment and ride...... A motorcyclist is someone who owns 1 or more bikes that enjoys riding, but holds many other values in life as well. not to be faulted for this, but their lives revolve around what they have created environmently, and the motorcycle is secondary to their life. They usually have other responsibilities that take presence over riding and they choose to not ignore those obligations and ride when they can. and one other note also, is that they are more concerned on how they look and others look with them.....and they are usually loaded with all the harley shop accessories brought cause it looked good. new vests verus old worn ones with patches from fallen brothers. I am not trying to sound mean when saying this, but it is a version of what its like to live in both worlds....I would take the old biker days over the new motorcycle days.... cause back then you knew what you were about and doing it, not just living a dream from the back of your mommas station wagon...as the old crusty biker dudes ride by, with his outstanding looking ol lady and the bike roars by speed and grace.... Important note: most of the bikers did their chrome as they went, much due to the expense, motorcycle riders just brought the bikes that way... Sorry if I offended anyone, but it is my opinion and in this country....birth entitles me to speak my opinion, thanks for taking the time to read it.

Summer & winter ?? - Posted on 2004-12-19 22:14:20

scunjee
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

A hairy-assed biker went to a bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his jack daniels, a beautiful young lady sat down next to him. She turned to the biker and asked, "Are you a real biker?" He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life on bikes. My Mum was pregnant with me when she rode on the back of my Dads bike, then as a little boy I rode on the back with my Dad until I finally got my own bike. I've been riding a bike ever since. So yes, I guess I am a real biker." She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women; when I shower, watch TV, eat, whatever, everything seems to make me think of women." Then she got up and left. The biker was thinking about what just happened when a man sat down next to the biker and asked, "Are you a real biker?" He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian"

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ