HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Proxy Server & Firewall Problems - Posted on 2004-11-04 13:47:26

Mark
1300cc Superstar

United Kingdom

In case any of you are connecting from behind any type of hardware firewall system or the software firewall/security systems such as zone alarm I thought the following may come in usefull. 1, Your pc needs to accept session cookies from this site or you will not be able to log in. 2, To use the chatroom you must have either tcp 7777 open or if this fails the chat room client will try to make a http connection via port 7877. And for those who have asked for a bit more advanced info, read on: The chatroom is equipped with the ability to utilize HTTP Tunneling to make HTTP connections to our chat service when a TCP/IP connection fails due to a firewall or proxy server configuration. However, if a firewall is not configured to permit HTTP connections to HTTP ports other than standard ports, then an HTTP connection to the chat server will not be permitted by a firewall. A firewall may be configured to block TCP/IP connections, but must be configured to allow HTTP connections -- at least to the HTTP port listed above on the our chat server -- to utilize the HTTP Tunneling feature. If a firewall is configured to only permit connections to/from standard ports, then connections using TCP/IP or HTTP protocol through a firewall will be blocked in most any non-standard instance (for example, Yahoo IM uses port 5050, and the firewall may prevent utilization of this service too, unless configured to allow it). Generally, standard ports are already used by other processes, and therefore cannot be used by a second process. For example: HTTP 80 HTTPS 8080 SMTP 25 IMAP 143 POP3 110 FTP 21 Telnet 23 The chatroom makes the HTTP Tunneling option available to communicate with our service using HTTP protocol, and a user may need to configure their firewall to take advantage of it. Hope that helps, if not let me know. Mark

Replies

Proxy Server & Firewall Problems - Posted on 2004-11-04 18:05:13

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Yer i did all that why i was in from day one, As for the others!!!!!!!

Proxy Server & Firewall Problems - Posted on 2004-11-04 18:06:33

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

ooooooooo clever boy ox didn't know u had it in u to do the right things first lol

Proxy Server & Firewall Problems - Posted on 2004-11-04 18:11:29

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

oi

Proxy Server & Firewall Problems - Posted on 2004-11-04 20:47:14

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Tec u fool, what i should have said was i had to do that when i installed the new firewall, but when the new look room was set up i had no probs. Greeting ya greybeard skirt wearing scottish git

Proxy Server & Firewall Problems - Posted on 2004-11-05 11:46:22

Severian
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

wow i got Zone Alarm... and my puter just hopped right in here, didnt need to do nuthin with it....mines a smart computer!!

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ