HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

god its good to have 2 wheels again! - Posted on 2004-12-12 02:05:26

back_in_the_wind
250cc Rider

United States

I have been without for so long, a bike that is, and its great to have one again. My last bike was a Triumph Bonnie 1976 750 and it got stolen. I just got a sweet deal on a 1997 Honda 750. It aint a bonnie but...

Replies

god its good to have 2 wheels again! - Posted on 2004-12-12 09:22:29

joeboxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I'm a fan of the old triumph bonny - it must have hurt to have it nicked as it is for any of us to have their babes robbed,broken,smashed. Welcome back in the saddle!!

god its good to have 2 wheels again! - Posted on 2004-12-12 13:25:46

firebladebabe
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

been without it for so long man you must be blind and deaf.........oh you mean a bike lol i know its great being back on the raod again aint it

god its good to have 2 wheels again! - Posted on 2004-12-12 14:04:22

back_in_the_wind
250cc Rider 

United States

ya it hurt to lose my bonnie but...I got it as a basket case. They guy who had it decided it was a puzzle needing to be dismantled...what a fool. Then he had no idea what to do to get "HIs puzzle" back together again so I bought is for $100.00 US dollars, put it together and POOF I nice 750 Bonnie but its gone and now I have pretty much the same case. Young guy messed with the electical and now has no idea what to do...POOF I have a nice Honda with only 6000 mile on it for #200.00 US dollars...thank god for foolish people....lololol

god its good to have 2 wheels again! - Posted on 2004-12-12 21:12:55

mathewp
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

Thank god for silly people Bought my wife's first proper bike (a Z550) off a guy who advatised it with a knakered clutch cos it would't dis-engage (you know how the plates used to stick together if you stood em for a while). Went down paid him, it started it, red lined it and kicked it into first with a big handfull of front brake. Free'd the clutch plates up a treat. Felt guilty all the way home till I saw the look on her face when I said here's your new bike. Welcome back, it must be great, I know what it feels like if I don't get out on the bike for a couple of weeks.

god its good to have 2 wheels again! - Posted on 2004-12-12 22:46:17

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Glad u got 2 wheels back be safe and enjoy!!!

god its good to have 2 wheels again! - Posted on 2005-01-03 09:26:25

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

bike thieves lowest form of scum there is. a mate of mine had his trial bike lifted out of his front garden one night. mate spotted the bike's whereabouts and reported the same to the police (hoping the scumbag's would be prosecuted) to his surprise the police did nothing about it at all (the lazy buggers). so we went and loaded it onto a trailer much to the annoyance of the thieving scumbag (he didnt fancy argueing with 5 of us tho and especially one of us in particular who picked the bike up and carried it to the trailer. all was well that ended well and the bike wasnt too badly off either after some parts had been replaced.

god its good to have 2 wheels again! - Posted on 2005-01-03 14:34:00

rgvr
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

Here's a bastardly story then...... A mate who shall remain nameless has a distinct lack of riding talant. 2 weeks after he totalled his VFR400 he got a loan and bought a GSXR400 - that lasted 2 days until he blew it up so he got another loan and bought a ZXR400. Because he keeps totalling bikes he could only afford the TPO insurance policy (at a whopping £1400) 3 weeks after he bought it, out for a hack and he lowsides the ZXR and ends up in a hedge with a broken wrist. The fuzz were really good, came along and got an ambulance to cart him off to hospital. 6 hours later his dad goes and picks him up from Colchester general and he sees his ZXR at the side of the road just parked up with the keys in it. So he covers it in leaves to try and hide it and sends his brother back to collect it. 20 minutes later its gone. So why didn't the police take it to the police compound or something?

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ