HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Fitting a steering dampe - Posted on 2004-12-08 10:39:39

jayr1cooper
750cc Boy Racer

United Kingdom

Hi all i've just got myself a steering damper for my R1 can anyone tell me if its ok to do a diy job on it as i have the instructions and i am able to do certain things but the only thing that i'm a bit worried about is taking off the bolt on the top yolk any advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers Jay

Replies

Fitting a steering dampe - Posted on 2004-12-08 11:10:23

r1madman35
125cc Learner 

United Kingdom

Jay, tis a piece of piss mate,,ya gonna need a 36mm socket for top bolt and the usaul set of allen keys mate,,also you will need to take off the right hand caliper,,just remember to mark it before you take it off so you can replace it back in its original position, also a good idea to undo the front brake assembly from the bar ends as this will help in the install of the damper,,all in all it took me 40 minutes to fit the damper and 1 hour to test ride to make sure everything was ok and setting the damper up,,,but was well worth it

Fitting a steering dampe - Posted on 2004-12-08 11:12:53

r1madman35
125cc Learner 

United Kingdom

Sorry admendment to last it depends on what damper ya bought and how it is fitted for removal of the right hand clip bar,, i got a toby steering damper fits infront of the yolk so out of the way. I do have the workshop maual for me bike just in case i had any problems with taken any of the pieces off and putting them back on

Fitting a steering dampe - Posted on 2004-12-08 13:43:47

firebladebabe
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

i'll be fitting one of them right after the bells on the 1jan to keep stop me legs streering tomuch to the one side

Fitting a steering dampe - Posted on 2004-12-08 17:13:45

r1madman35
125cc Learner 

United Kingdom

made alot of difference on my bike now it is fitted,,much more stable on the front end and no more tank slappers..yeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ