HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-06 13:27:28

mathewp
400cc Rider

United Kingdom

Bloke went past me yesterday on an RS250. Riding minus left arm and left leg. Thought now there's someone who is not going to let life keep him down. Made me feel like a right girly virgin, sat in the car cos it was a bit damp.

Replies

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-06 14:59:30

si
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

That man is a god!!

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-06 15:22:30

scunjee
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

God on the open road.....fecked at traffic lights

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-06 15:54:21

bubblesloves69
1300cc Superstar 

Next door to a pub in an interbred village, Kent
United Kingdom

I think that we all like to believe that we are dedicated bikers..... but how many of us would do that!?! I might give it a go.... but as scunj said would worry about stoppin at traffic lights/junctions.... even if it has an automatic stand thingy!! Agree Matthew, I prefer the car too when the weather's looking a bit miserable :o)

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-06 17:03:18

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

cool bloke. have seen a programme on tv about NABD and the conversions they do to get peeps back on the road very inspiring stuff

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-06 21:52:45

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

i take my hat of to anyone with any disabilty that carries on as normal as possible they r an inspiration.

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-07 03:35:46

rgvr
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

Years ago when I was about 17 and going to college in colchester in the snow and shite during winter some dude parked his ZR7X (nekkid 7R thingy - whatever its called) next to me RGV. I noticed a doohan style thumb operated rear brake - then under the clutch master cylinder was another bracket with two buttons on it. Following the cables these went to two solenoids and then onto a ram on the gear linkage. This guy had no foot on the right and wood from the knee down on the left. Anyway got chatting to him - apparently he used to be in the UN and stood on a landmine somewhere which took his legs off. Doctors tried telling him he would never be out of a wheel chair for the rest of his life. 18 months after that he went around Africa on a modified BMW R1100 sponsored by the UN to raise awareness of landmines. Got to admire these folk haven't you? Get this though - he paid full list price for the bike, then paid extra to have the thumb brake and gear controls fitted...... and Carnells refused to deliver the bike.

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-07 09:06:56

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

There was a bloke in Plymouth, when I was at Uni, who had lost his left leg in a bike crash and still carried on riding. He had a modified Lucky Strike RG250 and rode like a nutter, obviously didn't learn from the first one but you've got to admire him, some people would have laid down and given up. Cheers Grim

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-07 12:24:54

Severian
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

How many of you ride all winter? and how many of you have got back on that bike and ridden it home after and accident? got it fixed and got strait back on? i think everone who rides a bike with british weather and the amount of idiots on the road these days is pretty brave. i reckon most of you would do the same as those incredible people if the same thing happened to you.

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-07 13:22:31

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I was in a bad road accident as a kid car hit me doing 40 threw me 30ft through the air had alot of injuries main ones been to my legs. The docs told my mum that i would be lucky if i ever walked again, i must admit when i over heard this it made me think bollox to that idea i will and in the end i did, u do manage to somehow pull yourself through cos otherwise what is the alternative. my accident was nothing in comparision to some but it was enough to make me have to dig deep cos no one else was gonna do it for me.

Respect - Posted on 2004-12-08 08:58:13

the_grim_reaper
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

I would have got back on the blade when I binned it a year or two ago but the front brake lever was conspicuous by it's abscence :-( I had a massive crash when I was young and stupid (entirely my fault) but I was back on a bike 3 weeks later. My grandad said he thought I was stupid. He was right ;-) I also ride all year round, I've bought a winter hack in the past but, this time, I've thought 'sod it' (plus I have no money) and the Blackbird will be out on all but the iciest of days. Cheers Grim

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ