HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-03 18:29:20

vibro
1300cc Superstar

United Kingdom

got a parcel the other day from what i ordered off tv,two hand signed copies of Ewan and Charlies trip.....the long way round .....man i was as happy as a dog with two cocks ,,,,,they are nice books though hard back coolour photos.....very qwell written i can recomend it to you all ....top blokes ...top trip....top story.

Replies
    1 2 of 2 
   long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-03 18:47:11

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

the tv programme was bloody good too, typically the only accident they had with a car was in america tho both of em on the same day lol.liked the expression on there faces after going for a run out on bikes from O.C.C. and the run in to new york was good too. hmmmmmmmmm will have to buy the book i think to go with my copiy of jupiters travels.

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-03 18:51:24

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

i hate reading books, infact i'm amazed i come in the chatroom cos i hate reading full stop lol

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-03 19:46:03

Severian
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

What was it about guys?

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-03 20:49:19

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

lol@mike this is true lol

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-03 21:08:40

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Bad Roeby, reading is the way to more knowledge...........and its pooter screens now........not books..........another step back.........pooters have uses, books make a childs imagination.................................SOAR ABOVE THE CLOUDS.....NO GAME HAS MADE ME AS HAPPY AS . Treasure island...Snow White....The list is endless, as we all know........

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-03 21:08:40

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Bad Roeby, reading is the way to more knowledge...........and its pooter screens now........not books..........another step back.........pooters have uses, books make a childs imagination.................................SOAR ABOVE THE CLOUDS.....NO GAME HAS MADE ME AS HAPPY AS . Treasure island...Snow White....The list is endless, as we all know........

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-03 22:22:33

AnimalMother
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

I watched it avidly but I think it was a bit of a farce! 1. They had a support team??? Anyone heard of terra circa or mondo enduro??? 2. When one bike broke, they just bought another! Thats the norm innit? 3. I think visiting UNICEF missions was to eleviate some of the guilt about the masses of cash they were making. 4. What about Claudio the cameraman? He went through all they went through, and do u know how much of a mention he got on the LWR website? Two stinking paragraphs (very small too) and not a single picture! I'm still getting the book for xmas though! Anyone want to be my support team on my europe trip? Thought not!

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-04 00:48:39

vibro
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

animal dont take this the wrong way round but you mention terra circa and mondo enduro both of whichive watched and are fantastic and the guys are heros....in every sense alas they do not bring the focus we need in motorcycling like two hollywood actors ...now im no snob but all i know is charlie and ewan had chances on more than one occasion to change route etc but did not despite all the difficulteis what they faced ,how many other a list celebs do you know would be content to live like they did for nearly 3 months not many i bet.......but i digress..the trip to these boys was all about doin it on two wheels around the globe because its something what they dreamed of .....ive had that dream for years but will probably never do it which is a shame..........and a poor excuse .....but they have and fukkin well done to the both of em just because they have money or are well known should not make them any less respected.......few people can say they have done the same ...as for earning loads of cash they didnt ...the film company that made the show is self funded by the american guy david i think his name is (im pissed s o cant remember all)and hes into making real life grass roots stuff that every day folk can relate with,so for that we know it was not about the cash...............and as for the camera man what about him ......personally speaking if i was employing i would not hire some bloke to do a round the orld trip on motor cycles who did not gain his ticket until they were half way across europe......plus he fell off more times than james haydon on a bad day...........look all im trying to say is you ha done of the worlds biggest stars who is fanatical about all that is motorcycling and his best mate go and do something we all only dream about ...fair play and thank the lord we have peeps like em because if we did not then wed probably be even more alienated from society........what they did for us deserves a big pat on the back not a knife in it ......love and respect to both.lucky bastards.lmao

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-04 02:30:07

AnimalMother
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

"Long Way Round Limited (LWR) was formed by Ewan, Charley, David and Russ in December 2003. The four met in Sydney the previous summer and agreed to build a company to not only organize the logistics of the trip, but also to produce a book and television series. Having an equal stake in the company, the four directors were involved on a full time basis from January 2004 planning, preparing and filming this monumental event." - Long Way Round Website Sounds like a money making company to me! I'm not detracting from what they did, it being a fantastic thing, but can we have a bit of realism please!

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-04 08:25:50

thumps
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

excellant trip (im as jealous as fook) well documented in a good programme which raised the profile of motorcycling and the charity............wonder how much i could raise going across the states on me CCM, would only need sponsership from www.comfyseats.com.

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-04 13:25:10

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

perhaps the money ie profits made will be going to unicef (i dont know) was bemused by the tv programme to be hones as they had loads of sponsership to do the trip but that aside i respect the pair of them for having done what looks to be a nightmarishly long trip sure they had support vehicles and everything else but then they are celebrities (not to mention having wives and kids who no doubt worried their arses off about the pair of them)and the high profile publicity they bring to motorcycling is very welcome. bikers seem to be in vouge at the moment judging by how many programmes are on tv at the moment and all in all it can do nothing but good . if the long way round inspires even one person to get a bike then it will have been worth it. mondo enduro was a good effort too cant remember terra cirqa tho unless that was the one with the bloke on the hinkly triumph trying to go round in the fastest possible time.

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-04 16:44:14

vibro
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

bear you got my piont exactly thankyou its all about two friends on ywo wheels livin the dream...............and getting bikers valuable coverage............

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-04 17:12:30

AnimalMother
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

I agree that it was great for the biker community and all strength to their elbow for doing what they did, it looked tough. The money, as far as I know is not going to charity, they have no mention of it on their programme or website and probably not in their book either. I suppose the auctioning of ewans bike was good for charity though at £87,000.

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-04 20:19:46

vibro
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

nice touch mothe r................that did go to charity ...i believe unicef though dont qoute me

long way round.............................. - Posted on 2004-12-09 05:04:47

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

has anyone read jupiters travels???? no there is an insporational biker, he did the trip on a 500 triumph (he actually turned up in one of the cities charley and ewan were filming in and they all got to talking, cant for the life of me remeber his name tho and my copy of the book has dissapeared too). and there was also an american guy who did the round the world trip on a rigid framed harley, and as if that didnt make it hard enough already the guy only had one leg. wow am feeling very inspired all of a sudden (better have a few beers and calm down or the next thing you know i'll wake up in some godforsaken place in europe wondering where am i and how did i get there).

1 2 of 2 

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ