HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

New Biker needs help! - Posted on 2004-11-03 16:46:21

Deadeye
50cc Newbie

United Kingdom

Hi, I know this is a very subjective question, but I need some help picking a motorbike. I had decided that I was getting a Honda NT650V Deauville, but my circumstances have now changed, and i'm not looking to commute such a long distance. I'm basically getting a bike to commute on, will be used on a daily basis but only about 20 miles each way (max) I might use it occasionally for a bit of fun, but probably not! However I do want something that is comfortable, and will keep the worst of the weather off. I'm 6'3" tall, which also causes some problems! People have suggested bikes like Honda's Africa Twin and Transalp, but i'm interested to know your opinion. Especially if there are some over 6 foot riders on here. I'm not looking for a superfast sports bike, and cheap maintenance and insurance would certainly be a bonus, as I don't have lots of bike no claims. Cheers Deadeye

Replies

New Biker needs help! - Posted on 2004-11-03 00:00:00

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

right i'm a six footer, i use an old xj900f to commute and do distance on and can agree that such a large bike aint to practicle for small distances i havnt yet found a bike that keeps the weather off so i'm not gonna even go there. i would go for a 500 cc twin or multi, shaft drive if possible, i wouldnt go for a relatively new bike either but thats methe thing is dont take too much advice from people, go and try the bikes out in a showroom, what will be one persons choice of bike may not suit you.only you can decide.

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

screen needed a wipe, thought ya said nicking a bike......

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

yer nice 600 multi but touring not sports

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

go for something with a bit of age to it and get classic insurance any jap bike over 12 year old obviously you need to get something in good condition trycarole nash or footman james for classic insurance

scunjee
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

transalp is a fine wee machine for your needs m8 and is bullet proof

New Biker needs help! - Posted on 2004-11-04 12:17:10

Deadeye
50cc Newbie 

United Kingdom

Yeah I realised that this questions to any bunch of bikers was going to get all sorts or responces. It's just a lot of modern sports type bikes seem to be a really uncomfortable seating position if your anything taller than 6" or so. I figure that there are people out there who've been riding bikes for years, and while everybody has a different opinion of looks/performance etc, people definately know what sort of bikes would be thrown out!

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ