HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-27 09:59:32

scunjee
1300cc Superstar

United Kingdom

Ok heres a notion i had whilst getting leathered in a great pub last week.... name or shame some pubs across the length and breadth of uk ..... Crawley Inn, Nr Witney, Oxfordshire because it's the first pub i wandered into last week and it was a real friendly place, owned and patronised by bikers and a good selection of the local loonies...thoughoughly enjoyed myself and i'd give it 8/10

Replies

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-27 11:46:54

Severian
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

I want to nominate The Shropshire Arms..... R.I.P ........ first pub i ever drank in, i met some cracking people in there, was owned by a guy called Jim with a streetfightered Kwak... i met a guy who has managed to be in the Hells Angels, Satans Slaves and Outlaws through his years. It was completly over run with bikers, rockers and crazy people, including a a big white dog called Kaya who used to drink beer and get totaly pissed. Eventually the council deemed it a scum hole and bought it out and turned it into a no smoking wine bar to get rid of us 'undesirables' its now boarded up cos they went bankrupt after kicking us all out.....

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-27 15:02:53

joeboxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I have to nominate "The Wapentake" in Sheffield (also R.I.P) this place was brilliant always full to the brim at weekends and when ever there was a rock band on at Sheff city hall - it was poorly decorated in the 60's and stayed exactly the same untill its closure in the late 90's - your feet stuck to the floor,the toilets were so disgusting the rats wore overalls (and that was the ladies loo - no words can describe the gents).But the people were great,the women so beautiful and the music fantastic and thats the reciepe to any great pub!! If you ever had a night out in Sheffield and you were into rock music then "the Wap" was a must!!

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-27 16:57:44

mad_misfit
125cc Learner 

United Kingdom

nominating 2 pubs in hull i used to go to when i lived there,one was a bar called lazers always full o bikers and metalheads on a saturday,had some goodtimes in there infact sorta grew up in there before they turned it into a proper pub for ponces.pub 2 (r.i.p) was greengingerman nr the busstation another battlecruiser i used to get leathered in on a regular basis freindly staff(fit barmaids) packed with metalheads and bikers......funny now how i think back and remember wot a wicked time i had going in these pubs when i was only bout 19/20yrs ole drinking with sum big badass bikers who where genuinely friendly guys maybe thats why i turned out like i did...liking bikes beer and fit birds

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-28 07:34:44

groundsman
125cc Learner 

United Kingdom

the swan in wood street, liverpool cool pub good juke box and great beer

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-28 14:14:49

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

i can recommend a few great pubs up here in the lakes, they arnt bikers pubs as such but are friendly and serve good ale and all of em are worth visiting. The Prince of Wales in Foxfield, a micro brewery that sells nothing but real ale and proper german lager (pils like warsteiner) and belgian beers too. always a good place and full over the weekends often a few bikers in too. Good food as well all made from scratch on the premises they dont do chips tho cos the owner is allergic to vinager. The Woolpack, the first pub you will see after coming over hardnott pass(or the last one you come to before going over the pass) big car park, great food, top ale too mostly local ales and a few from further afield , more a walkers pub really but the cragrats are friendly, well worth a visit if yer in the lakes, the roads to get here are appalling tho be warned very challenging and usually busy with cars and or tourists be warned!!!!!!!!!!. top place tho veiws are stunning. The Three Tuns, Whitehaven, a right old dive that is or was a bikers / metalheads pub , small dark and pokey with a selection of shrunken heads behind the bar, top jukebox the beer is so so tho. Most pubs on the coast road uo here are friendly places anyway so if yer here give em a visit

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-28 14:37:48

Severian
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

GROUNDSMAN!!! i used to frequent the Swan..... are the bodies still on the walls from when they refurbished it?????

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-29 04:59:44

groundsman
125cc Learner 

United Kingdom

some of the old still in there, but now am one of the old ones lmfao i can stand at the end of the bar now with the old timers god am old lol u remember the cave,nighriders, wilsons , millos , or any other biker pubs in the pool

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-29 15:58:29

rubber
600cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

ok i'm blonde but went to endland rose in oxford the other year very good bikers pub but got taken over by new management. Now you got to go to the pub down the road that is now run by the woman who was second in comand at endland rose. Think this new one has camping space. Me m8 yellowy will remeber the pub name lol i dont do names very well. Unless i meet peeps n not been to this new pub yet Who wants to take me out to oxford for a drink i got a tent that wraps up small

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-30 11:26:12

scunjee
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

time to shame a few, The White Horse, Nr Wye, Kent for ignoring me at the bar, whilst trying to order an OJ and a cider for the missus and making the comment after I called for the barmans attention yet again, that people in our attire (leathers) were not welcome.....how the feck i didn't launch one at him i'll never know. Needless to say i for one will never grace that bar again

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-30 12:32:37

Roeby
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

hey joeboxer where u from I knew the pub u said in sheffield, well by reputation only I never went in lol

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-11-30 20:30:36

SpeedyRS
1200cc Race Star 

United Kingdom

Go on scunj, go to that pub in Wye again, take me, in full leathers! I'll scare the miserable old sod behind the bar!

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-12-03 12:32:55

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

it never ceases to amze me that pubs will refuse to serve peeps cos of the clothes they wear. shit if yer wearing yer leathers/riding gear chances are you are standing around in clothes that cost anywhere from 150 to 1000 pounds worth (depending on how well off you are) most of the other customers look like scruffs anyway mostly cant figure pubs like that out. our money is as good as anyone elses after all. it used to be in kendal that there was only one pub who would serve bikers mainly due to some ahem person riding his bike into the bar. the other pubs all banned bikers until the owner of the kent tavern told the rest of the pub owners how many holidays er year he was having lol.

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-12-08 17:44:34

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

The joker in dumfries used to be a great pub to visit havnt been there for years now tho

Top Pubs of UK - Posted on 2004-12-08 17:45:50

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

ohhhh and the bluebell in egremont in cumbria is a great pub too

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ