HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

xbr500 re-build stalls when gear engaged - Posted on 2013-06-23 18:43:19

bazaray89
50cc Newbie

United Kingdom

just re-built a xbr500. bike runs fine smooth strong etc. however when the clutch is pulled and first engaged the bike stalls. there is no side stand switch. the gear box has been looked at again and again and is right and shifts all gears and neutral. the clutch plates and springs are new. the bike will work in gear with the rear wheel raised it spins as its in gear which it is. but stop it and it will stall even if you pull in the clutch. everything is pointing to the clutch. the xbr500 uses a disc a and 6 disc b,s the only bit that does give me???? is the position of the two big washers judder spring(domed) and judder spring seat(flat). the manual is vague with crappy drawings. it looks like its flat then domed maybee its domed then flat. can anyone help i dont fancy splitting the crank again but will do what i have to. I WILL NOT BE BEATEN even if i get killed by stress. thanks

--

Replies

xbr500 re-build stalls when gear engaged - Posted on 2013-07-03 01:53:17

gixxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

its the doffler trunnion.

--

'it wasnt me! i only just got here!'

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by