HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-07-22 10:59:57

adz
1300cc Superstar

United Kingdom

For combining Bikes with fishing, its got to be Fly fishing, all you need is a rod and some flies.

At least this is what I have come to realize!
You may think that living in Scotland, 20 mins from loch Lomond I would fish all the time, TBH I never got the urge before, been to busy with work, bikes and bands.
Hmmph, sitting about in the rain all day waiting for a fish to bite? !?! Not me you would have heard me say !

Funny how things change. lol

I've been out a couple of times recently with a few m8's and I've got to say I am loving it !
Strap the rod tube to the side of the bike, flies and a flask in the rucksack and were good to go.

I'm a complete novice but after all these years of ignoring what has been right on my doorstep I think I have found myself a new pass time.
Especially when Its a great excuse to jump on the bike and head for one of our many lochs or rivers, fantastic !

So heres to all you Anglers out there, while through all the years of me saying to myself, Fishing? what's the point? I've got to admit it, you were right and I was wrong !

--

Adz.

Bandit 1216 wi loads of goodies on it, my pride n joy !

Replies

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-07-24 20:13:53

vfor
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

Just shows you how daft the Scotts are...the rest of the country knows flies cant fish
apart from anything else ..how do they hold onto the rod....
too much single malt if you ask me...lmao

--

Erm um well um not erm yeah OK then

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-07-24 23:59:06

adz
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

A hip flask of 12 year old Glenfiddich to keep you warm sitting on a river bank, nothin daft about that !

--

Adz.

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-07-25 03:09:23

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Told ya so!!!!!
Not into fly fishing, but not got a bloody big Loch next door.
Have a Carp kit.
Barbel kit.
8.5 meter carbon pole (awaits the jokes)
Spinning kit
Some rods for the boys, and about to get a sea kit as a m8 has a caravan by the sea ( yeah yeah, that was obvious).

Been fishing since I was about 5. Love it. Especially when catching trout ( not the women FFS). As we take em home and cook em.

Welcome to the club, its actually getting less popular. Unless your Polish, then you net the whole place and eat everything............... ***FILTERED WORD*** off, we dont want people like that here!

Enjoy m8ty and post a pic, my best trout was 6lb 4oz.

--

I like long walks,especially when they are taken
by people who annoy me.

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-07-25 11:38:52

adz
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Thanks bud, I will do. Going out on Wed night to christen my new Rod, a £60 starter kit, Airflow rod, reel, line and flies, great value I thought.
I'll post a piccy of my catch if all goes well.

Good to hear you get out with the young fellas for a spot of fishing, great times !

--

Adz.

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-07-25 20:23:27

vfor
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

Bloody hell its like being aboard the the Black Pig
come on which one's Captain Pugwash cos the other is deffo Seaman Stains

rrrrrrrrrrpmsl

Tight lines boys

--

Erm um well um not erm yeah OK then

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-07-26 22:48:01

billythekid
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

i think i am qualified to add something meaningful to this post, as ive been an angler for 46 years and lived in scotland for 12 of those years, therefore i wont

--

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-07-27 00:54:07

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

That helped :P

Sea fishing is your tipple is it not billy?

--

by people who annoy me.

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-09-12 07:53:46

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

You not caught anything yet?

--

by people who annoy me.

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-09-12 10:39:00

adz
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Lol not much luck yet, mainly been concentrating on getting my casting better, finding it hard to get the line out without doin some noob error still.
Although I did catch my first fish last weekend, at the Morlix estate by Stirling, 4 of us fishing from 2 rowing boats, while my m8 was rowing to the next spot I left my hook in, kinda trawling lol, and I caught a small Brown trout, about 1lb lol, I later hooked one from a cast but it got away half way in, the guys said my strike was to blame plus the barb had been removed to make catch a release easier.
Going to Arran for a night in a couple of weeks, some nice lochs there, hope to do a bit better than I have so far.

--

Adz.

The couch ! My CBR 1000 F

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-09-13 21:04:14

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Ahh barbless hooks, two schools of thought on them. But now barbless is the most used.
Even a 1lb wild trout gives a nice "battle"
Keep trying they get bigger :D

--

by people who annoy me.

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-09-14 12:50:19

adz
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Cheers m8, yeah the fight was quite surprising from such a small fish, guess it didn't want to leave the water lol !
Got the ferry booked for Sat 24th to Arran, we're going back to a loch we fished 2 or 3 months back, where I first got the taste for it. That day I mainly watched but the guys pulled in 3-5 each within 4 hrs so fingers crossed it should be a good days fishing !
I'll take a photo of the loch and post it, hopefully with a fish or two as well.

It's a stunning Island, here's a link to some photos n stuff http://www.machriebay.com/isleofarran.html

--

91 CBR 1000 F

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-09-14 22:01:50

gfisher
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

been doing lots of sea fishing for the last year, with a local club in charter boats. got back toit seriously after a longish layoff and really enjoying it. largely catch and release

--

and your point is................?

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-09-16 10:23:44

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Nice one Adz.
Yo fish, how ya doing?
Apt log in for the fishy thread :D

Yeah yeah I know your name! :D

Catch and release here, unless on the trout lake. But the local one is fly only and very expensive. And each catch is weighed and paid for on top of the fishery fees.

http://www.alburyestate.com/syon.aspx

Right under the Heathrow flight path too lol

--

by people who annoy me.

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-09-16 17:09:29

adz
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Sounds good Fish, do you take the boats out from Girvan? I went out with a few mates that went Tope fishing there a couple of years back, no luck unfortunately but been at the same area Mackerel bashing though.

Checked out the Fishery Ox,Looks great, tbh being in the big smoke I wondered how far you had to travel to find a place but that looks Ideal, stocked with nice big fish too !

--

91 CBR 1000 F

Fly Fishing - Posted on 2011-09-16 19:01:56

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

You would be suprised what is around here.
A great Carp lake under the M4 as you come of it into Hammersmith ( Gunnersbury Park) Think its a club lake now but when a child was day ticket. Think the biggest there was 38lb but I could be wrong, but it was named Battleship!
Then we have the Thames, good along most stretches now.
Another fishery is Farlows part of http://www.boyer.co.uk/

Actually a great choice of lakes and rivers withing a hours drive/ride from where I am.
On a job recently found a nice stretch of the Grand Union Canal near Watford, not been there yet to try it out. But thats what a few of us do, spot a nice bit of water and fish it when we can.

You ya lucky basket have a far better choice, good on ya and as said " Tight lines"

--

by people who annoy me.

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ