HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

hi im new to owning a bike and am verry frustrated - Posted on 2011-04-24 19:22:41

50cc Newbie

United States

i own a 1985 virago 1000 it ran perfectly untill the other day i started it up after it sat for only 2 months now it smokes had a milky fluid coming out of the exaust and now has turned to what seems to be oil. what the heck happend and does anyone know how i can fix it?

--

Replies

hi im new to owning a bike and am verry frustrated - Posted on 2011-04-24 20:41:05

vfor
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

dont know anything about your bike but, a milky liquid coming from any water cooled machine would indicate head gasket blown as a general rule,
if it is air cooled then it could just be the engine sweating but you would expect that to stop without causing the milky liquid problem....

spanner job me thinks....

--

Erm um well um not erm yeah OK then

hi im new to owning a bike and am verry frustrated - Posted on 2011-04-29 05:37:27

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Air cooled IIRC.
1 Check oil levels and then take it for a spin.
2 At least 10 miles, but keep it in low gear, just to keep revs up a bit. Should sort it.
3 This will sound funny, charge the battery overnight. Seen this on a Vig site before and a low batt causes all sorts of havoc.
4 Check choke isnt sticking.

Should cover it, good luck and let us know.

--

I like long walks,especially when they are taken
by people who annoy me.

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ