HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Harley Help (New member) - Posted on 2011-01-09 17:57:34

Hoodie
50cc Newbie

United States

Hello! First off, I just bought my first bike and had been looking for a forum site where I can interact with other Bikers. I am looking forward to contribute and help people or get help from people with more experience on this site. Like I said on the title though, I JUST bought my first Harley yesterday (Street Bob 2010) and have experienced a bit of a problem with the throttle. Everytime I turn the throttle to give the Bike gas, It stays stuck or SLOOOOWLEY goes back to place. This is neew to me, any advice? I have already tried to adjust the sensitivity on it, but it still resets itself back too slow. Any help would be appreciated.

--

Replies

Harley Help (New member) - Posted on 2011-01-09 18:19:12

Black_Sabbath21
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

What you wanna do is take the throttle cable off, put it on a japanese bike and bobs your uncle! you got a decent bike!

Haha only ***FILTERED WORD*** tin ya.

Is it cable or have harley gone all electronic with the throttle controls?
If it's cable it's just gonna be a case of taking the throttle body appart on the handle bar and cleaning any gunk up and lubing it properly. Also get some wd40 down the cable, there's a tool you can buy for this but buggered if I can remember the name.

--

"Security" isn't a dirty word...."Crevice" is a dirty word. Now "leak" is a positively discusting word!

Harley Help (New member) - Posted on 2011-01-09 18:26:45

Hoodie
50cc Newbie 

United States

lol, thanks for the advice brother. The throttle is not electronic and the bike is BRAND new, I'm taking it back to Harley to have it checked out... It could have been very dangerous. I was just wondering if these "New Bikes" have new throttles where you have to manually push it forward slow down or something lol, I had never experienced this.

--

Harley Help (New member) - Posted on 2011-01-09 19:16:31

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Hi and welcome.

Ref the throttle cable, as the bike is new and under warranty DO NOT paly with it yourself. Get the supplier to check this out.
A problematic throttle could end up getting you killed.

--

I like long walks,especially when they are taken
by people who annoy me.

Harley Help (New member) - Posted on 2011-01-09 20:42:36

spacie
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

Hi,
Not so sure with a streetbob, but my fatboy has whats known as a cruise control...just under throttle control. Try twisting it anti clockwise a bit see if this helps, if not try the other way lol!!! If it doesn't you need to get i tin to shop but that should work...I think. Try it anyways, what you got to lose?

--

With pure power...a strong mind and a good heart,
a person is capable of anything they will to be.

Harley Help (New member) - Posted on 2011-01-09 22:14:00

Hoodie
50cc Newbie 

United States

The dealer said it didn't have Cruise Control, but I found that strange because it DOEs have the little thing you twist under the throttle. I twisted it both sides though, very minimal difference, still slow to go back to place after reving the throttle.

--

Harley Help (New member) - Posted on 2011-01-10 22:13:03

spacie
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

then dealership it is... under warranty..let them sort it for you....most of all.. enjoy :)

--

With pure power...a strong mind and a good heart,
a person is capable of anything they will to be.

Harley Help (New member) - Posted on 2011-01-21 04:47:14

piercings4_u
50cc Newbie 

United States

hello and welcome. i am new here myself. i had the same problem when i installed different front turn signals on my 1200s. the signals seemed to press out on the cables and it cause the cables to be tight and it made my throttle stick. i dont think its inside your grip. i think the cable is being pulled tight where it is routed. with the bike turned off turn the bars all the way to the right and turn the throttle and see if it sticks and then do the same when you turn it all the way to the left. then try it with the bars straight. that will tell ya if its the cable. good luck!

--

Only girls wear pink.........

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ