HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

Help with Tuning - Posted on 2010-12-22 19:31:07

erenfro
50cc Newbie

United States

Hello,

First, I'll start with what I have. I have a United Motors 2008 Matrix II 150, a 150cc scooter that really used to perform decently, except that it's had an idle problem for some time now, usually idling too fast that it would try to move while at a stop light, after it had warmed up nice and good.

Here's my problem now. I adjusted the air/gas mixture on it so it had the fastest idle, and finally was able to adjust the throttle so that it stays a nice clean steady idle finally. The way I adjusted the mixture was turning it till the idle was at the fastest point and did not go down, so it's now right in the middle of the points where it goes down.

I also did an oil change, going from regular 10w40 oil and 80w90 gear oil to the same in Valvoline synthetic blend oil.

Ever since both adjustments, the top speed seems to have dropped about 10mph, and the acceleration has slowed up noticably. I'm not sure why. Used to I could easily get up to 55mph at least, before the engine would start getting at that sound that it's reaching it's limit. Now, when I get to 50mph it's getting that sound, and at 55 it's vibrating a lot more than normal.

My scooter starts getting in the orange zone at 60 mph, on the speedometer, and red at about 65-70. I usually had a hard time telling I was going 60mph until I looked down and saw it.

If anyone has any thoughts on tuning that I may have missed, or any suggestions to what's causing my issues, I'd be grateful.

Eric

--

Replies

Help with Tuning - Posted on 2010-12-23 18:42:04

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Your choke was sticking you messed with the wrong things.
Get a big slice of humble pie and go to the local mechanic and explain what you did.

--

I like long walks,especially when they are taken
by people who annoy me.

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ