HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

New help please - Posted on 2010-05-24 15:16:11

pirate000
50cc Newbie

Israel

I'm new to the forum just so I could ask someone who knows what they're talking about this question. Today while riding my 50cc moped it stalled on me when I came to a stop, and when I tried to restart it, it would not start. I'm new to driving 2 wheeled vehicles and don't really know where to start. It's stuck in the city tied to a pole.

When I was trying to start it, I guess I also tried too long because eventually it sort of just died and barely even makes a noise now when I try to start the ignition, I think i might have killed the battery trying to start it. If anyone knows what the problem with my bike is, please let me know. Sorry if this is a stupid question but my lack of experience in these matters is embarrassing.

Thanks in advance!

--

Replies

New help please - Posted on 2010-05-24 20:18:22

gixxer
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

best get it home first.....

--

'it wasnt me! i only just got here!'

New help please - Posted on 2010-05-26 13:40:27

tonto
400cc Rider 

Canada

sorry but I got a chuckle out of.....its stuck in the city tied to a pole lol

my battery died on me, thankfully not all that far from home cuz I walked it all way back. yep I was cussing at it all the way home lol *stupid &%%&^& thing* helmet still on even hahahahaha

--

New help please - Posted on 2010-05-30 13:42:20

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar 

United States

sometimes its just hard to find someone who knows what they're talking about...

--

If you can't get it going with bungee cords and electrician's tape it's serious.

New help please - Posted on 2010-05-30 15:16:52

Black_Sabbath21
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

What kind of bike is it?

Was it a cold climate? in which case it's probably carb freeze (assuming its not fuel injected), however the bike should start after 5 minutes of being stood as the head of the engine melts the ice crystals in the jets.

Did it "cut out" or did it die slowly with throttle responce getting less and less?

When you hit the starter did the engine turn over?

Is it a 4 or a 2 stroke?

Have you took the plug out to see if its sutted up? if so your carb could do with stripping and cleaning.

NEED MORE INFO!!!

--

Somedays i'de rather be on my bike thinking about sex, than having sex n' thinking about my bike!

New help please - Posted on 2010-05-30 15:20:31

Black_Sabbath21
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

sorry "heat" of the engine.....

Also have you made any modifications to the bike? (ie race exhaust, new clutch hub/roller bearings).

How many miles has it done?

Also at this point it's probably worth mentioning that you should always take advice from a forum with a pinch of salt!(ie dont snip the wires to the CDI unit to make it "go faster"). even in my case as i do not have your bike present to examine it.....

--

Somedays i'de rather be on my bike thinking about sex, than having sex n' thinking about my bike!

New help please - Posted on 2010-05-30 19:38:45

the_ox
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Sabb, shut up!

--

If you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs, you probably haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation!

New help please - Posted on 2010-06-02 15:58:27

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar 

United States

isn't there a moped conversation going on somewhere else in this forum?

Might be some help there.......or not

I'm just wondering if its still tied to the pole..

--

If you can't get it going with bungee cords and electrician's tape it's serious.

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ