HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-26 13:14:06

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar

United States

I find much more pleasure in finding the twisted answers that pop up in here.

Ok, I know that the police there don't carry guns....is it against the law for anyone to carry a gun? Can you get licenses so that you can carry them concealed over there?

--

If you can't get it going with bungee cords and electrician's tape it's serious.

Replies

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-26 19:31:26

Black_Sabbath21
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

Some police here do carry guns sometimes, usually ones who are assigned to Airports and major train stations.
They are toying with the idea of tazers at the moment, however they do have pepper spray.
We also have what are called "community support officers", they are police with no powers, they arent allowed to give chase or arrest people or carry weapons/handcuffs or anything that a normal copper is allowed to do.
These officers are the ones you tell to piss off should they question your conduct.

--

Somedays i'de rather be on my bike thinking about sex, than having sex n' thinking about my bike!

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-26 21:06:43

vfor
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

some police do carry weapons all the time, and they are what you might call an every day cop, the public are not allowed to carry guns, olympic shooters cant even get and practice with their gun of choice, but if yer a crim then apparantly you can get anything from an ozzie to a pee shooter.

--

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-27 11:05:00

adz
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

That's true, if you are a law abiding citizen it is very hard to legally own a gun, maybe shotguns and rifles for sport after jumping through as many hoops as the authorities see fit then keeping them under lock and key, but the idea of walking around with a handgun in your belt/jacket etc is not possible, instant jail !!
Of course as already said, if you are a crook then the sky is the limit !

--

Adz.

Bandit 1216 wi loads of goodies on it, my pride n joy !

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-27 13:41:40

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar 

United States

so are crimes where guns are used very common there? are there many shootings or killings from crimes committed?

in kansas city, we are up to over 5 murders for the month of April alone...all gun related.

it is legal in this state to carry a concealed weapon with training and a license....(well, except for the criminals)
i pack one with me whereever possible...not enough police in this town to protect everyone...(a woman was brutally raped a block away from the police station near my home)....

perhaps I need to move to UK...sounds like a safer place to be...

think I'll just head for the mountains and get lost..

--

If you can't get it going with bungee cords and electrician's tape it's serious.

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-27 18:21:47

Black_Sabbath21
750cc Boy Racer 

United Kingdom

I wouldnt move to the UK lady, hence why everyone who lives in the UK is trying to imigrate away from it.
Typical example, i caught a litle ***FILTERED WORD*** trying to break into my shed a year or so ago, i grabbed my hammer i keep in the house and chased them out of my garden, an hour later the police where at my door warning ME against the criminalities of using a weapon.....
In other words in the UK if your scum you got a pretty easy life, if like the above say your a law obiding citizen, lifes hard and unfair.
Atleast in the states your allowed to defend yourself.

--

Somedays i'de rather be on my bike thinking about sex, than having sex n' thinking about my bike!

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-27 20:31:01

adz
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Its more Knife related killings and maiming that occur in Glasgow area, there are gun crimes for sure but Knifes seem to be the main weapon of choice.

A recent story, a soldier home on leave coming home in a taxi with his wife and mother in law after a night out, the taxi driver flashed his lights and hit the horn when someone pulled out in front of him at a junction, the car let the taxi past then followed him, when they got home 2 guys got out the car and started punching the taxi driver, when the Soldier tried to step in he got punched to the ground then stabbed in the heart, he died 5 meters from his front door.
21 years old father of one, what a terrible waste of life.

The grass aint always greener, your probably better off where you are lady.

--

Adz.

Bandit 1216 wi loads of goodies on it, my pride n joy !

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-28 22:15:34

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar 

United States

I see your point Sabb..and yes, its nice to have the right to protect yourself..

Adz, that's just sad... the greass IS always greener on the other side...until you get there..

guess I'll just keep to my own little patch of grass ...and just be thankfol for what i have..

--

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-28 22:45:34

billythekid
1000cc Pro Racer 

United Kingdom

im packin lady

--

I could probably Google this but.... - Posted on 2010-04-28 23:09:17

ladyon2wheels
1300cc Superstar 

United States

I'm not even going to ask, billy..

--

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ