HOME|LOGIN| REGISTER|MEMBERS LIST|UPDATE PROFILE|FORUM|PICTURE GALLERY|CHATROOM|CONTACT US|TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome Visitor, Please Login, you have 0 new personal messages

0870 No's - Posted on 2007-10-18 15:52:50

kenp1947
1300cc Superstar

United Kingdom

If like me you are fed up with being ripped off by 0870 no's try this website enter the 0870 no and if possible they will supply a national number for you to ring
http://www.saynoto0870.com/ if you get through to a switchboard ask to be put through to the correct depart it sometimes works

--

Live for Today as yesterday has gone and tomorow might never arrive

Replies

0870 No's - Posted on 2007-10-18 18:32:30

Martin
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

Well done that man ... good find! :o)

--

Martin :o)

0870 No's - Posted on 2007-10-18 18:59:04

fredcbr6uk
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

good effort, will give it try

--

if you gonna go, go with a smile

0870 No's - Posted on 2007-10-18 23:01:08

Mark
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

I have to add my bit here. This subject has been causing me big problems lately.

This whole argument about 0870 numbers it pretty stupid, in my humble view.

0870 will cost you about 7p per minute (not exactly premium rate).

Some companies earn a revenue from the calls they receive, so what! Other companies get free call handling systems when they use these numbers, good for them.

An example:
My company has two 0870 numbers. We have used these for a number of years because the company we get them from provides us with a sophisticated call handling system free of charge in return. It saves us money which in turn means we do not have to charge our customers as much.

Next year the 0870 system is changing and for us to use these numbers and still get the call handling systems we will have to pay 3.5p per minute for each call we receive and the caller will still have to pay for their call.

Our call handling system allows us to route customer calls to multiple locations without the customer having to call or remember several different numbers as well as other advanced handling and routing features.

So because of the complaints about these numbers (probably from the same people who thought Tony Blair was a good guy a decade ago) guess what, we have two choices, 1, change our numbers, buy a new call handling system and charge our customers more to cover the costs or 2, continue to use the 0870 numbers and charge our customers more to cover the costs.

What good has the changes to the system done for customers/callers..... Nothing.

I wish people would learn to look at the big picture.

Would you rather companies offer a free number? (where do you think they get the cash from to afford it?).

Moan over.

--

Mark

"No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously."
unashamedly stolen.

0870 No's - Posted on 2007-10-18 23:27:09

Stile
400cc Rider 

United Kingdom

This is a really good website. The problem I have with 0870 and 0845 numbers is that I get charged for them where as I dont get charged extra for the normal 01 or 02 numbers as I pay a flat fee except for 08 numbers and mobiles.

If companies what to use these numbers great problem is the customers dont so who in the end are they helping and making life easier for?

--

0870 No's - Posted on 2007-10-18 23:39:32

Mark
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

The point is that they make some of the money that runs the company from them so if they dont get the money from the calls they will have to get the money from somewhere else.

Whatever the method, you will still have to pay, somehow, because companies need money to stay in business.

--

Mark

"No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously."
unashamedly stolen.

0870 No's - Posted on 2007-10-19 09:23:20

bear
1300cc Superstar 

United Kingdom

i hadnt realised that comapnies had to pay to recieve phone calls! those 0870 numbers annoy me as they cost more to call than ordinary numbers so as a rule i dont call em. had to the other day to get in touch with orange (the money grabbing non deliverer of broadband that i paid for for over a year due to contractual obligation bastids) the call gave me loads of options that took ages to actually get to a point where i could talk to a person and after i finally got through it was to ahmed whose accent was so thick he had to repeat himself several times for almost every point the bloke tried to make (and as such made the call last longer..... like their tech help line calls @ 50p per minute and just as useless).

--

revenge is a dish best served...............with croutons

Copyright 2005 2wheeltalk.com
All rights reserved

Hosted by
Hosted by IDAQ